New Journey

Before I start this chapter, I want to wish a very happy birthday to a very special person. Chithra darling, wishing you a very, very happy birthday. May this year bring you good health, happiness and success in whatever you do. Dream big and reach for the stars dear. I am extremely grateful to supporters like you. You are my motivation to continue writing so thank you very much. Have a fabulous day ❤️🎂🎉🎊🥳🎁

Now, moving on to this chapter:

Sivaangi had begun to bite her nails again and lost in thought. Ashwin looked at her and sighed. He pulled her close to him and held her hands, "negatha kadikkadha maa. You are going to be just fine. You can do this. Unnoda strength pathi Unakke theriya maatengudhu. You are the most sincere, hardworking and dedicated person I know. CWC2 mudinjudhu lerndhu nee konjam konjama cook paneetu thaane irukke. Aparam enna? This is a great opportunity plus you are training with chef as well who said you are more than ready." He kissed her forehead and continued, "Plus I am here for you always, routing for my brave girl. I am so so so proud of you" and he kissed her hands.

Sivaangi sighed, "thanks Ashwiney, I really needed this pep talk. Neenga eppovum en kooda irukeenga nu theriyum but what if the fans hate me? What if they come to a conclusion that this entire show is rigged? What if they don't believe in me? What if...." He placed his finger on her lips saying, "shhhhh.... My dear dear overthinking fiance, you have 5.2 million people who love you. Do it for them and don't worry about the 100 who have nothing better to do than to find fault." Then he smirked and said, "ippo polambardha vittu un purushanayum konjam kandukkariya?" before he could finish his thought she gave a quick peck on his lips and said, "avvalo thaan. Vaa vaa late aagudhu. Let's go."

Few weeks later, she was on the sets of CWC. She had butterflies in her stomach. Just before shoot began, her phone buzzed. She smiled. It was a video call from him. He knew, he always knew. She answered right away. It calmed her to see his face. He smiled. His eyes overflowed with love and he said, "All the best maa. Sivaangi the cook, Sivaangi the chef of the week, Sivaangi the title winner." She laughed at the hype he was giving. "I wish I was there maa but Pugazh irukaan. Damu Appa, Bhatt sir, Rakshan ellarum irukaanga. Just relax and focus ok. Shoot mudinju evvalo late aanalum call pannu. I want to hear all about it. Kutty maa I love you." She was overwhelmed but just then heard her name being called so they gave each other a quick flying kiss before hanging up. She gave one last look at herself in the mirror, took a deep breath and headed out to face a brand new challenge.

(To be continued...)

Brinda Subramanian

Here is a quick short chapter but I will continue to write little snippets on her journey as a cook and him being her strong pillar of support. Please share and comment your thoughts.

Love