Valentines Day

It was February 14th and Sivaangi woke up to the sound of a knock on her bedroom. She heard the faint voice of her mother on the other side of the door calling out, "Sivaangi kadava thora. Inge paaru unakku enna vandirukkunu. Sivaangi....Adiye Sivaangi". Sivu tossed and turned and was getting irritated by her mother, "tch" she frowned and said, "ayo iru maa kaalangaarthaala disturb pannare... konja neram thoonga viden." Then she looked at the clock and realized it was 10am. She heard the knock again and frowned. "Seri iru varen" and she slowly stretched and grabbed her phone which was charging on the other end table. She had placed it on silent mode. She looked at it and smiled. He had sent her a message early in the morning saying, "Happy Valentines Day to my sunshine 😘". She smiled and kissed the phone just then she heard the knock again. She threw the blanket, scratched her head and said, "varen varen one minute."

She jumped out of the bed and opened the door. Her half asleep eyes opened wide. Her mother was holding up a huge bouquet of red roses. There was a little card that read, "Happy Valentines Day my love. Are you ready for a fabulous day that I have planned for you? By the way, you are not allowed to call me until I tell you, ok? I love you so much Kutty maa and I hope you enjoy the day." Sivaangi jumped in excitement. There were a bunch of individual cards with time in them. She opened the first card that said 11am. It said, "chauffeur waiting outside your door. He knows where to take you so hop on." Sivaangi quickly freshened up and was ready by 11am when she heard the door bell.

A chauffeur stood there with a bunch of yellow roses. She thanked him and he said, "vaanga madam. Sir ungala oru edathukku kootitu poga soleerkaru." She loved mystery so gleefully went and took a seat in the car. He drove her straight to Le Bliss Spa. Sivaangi had a 12 noon appointment for a nice full body massage and exfoliate. The appointment was for 2 hours. She enjoyed a nice, relaxing body massage in a beautiful ambience. Every inch of her body felt rejuvenated. There was soft instrumental music playing and she was offered a nice berry smoothie while she relaxed. Then she had her entire body exfoliated with natural products. She felt fresh blood gushing into every cell of her body. She had never felt this relaxed ever before.

It was 2pm and time it was time to open the next card. She had to be at Sameena's by 3. Chauffeur took her there where her stylist was waiting for her. She was welcomed like a queen. Her outfit and accessories were already picked out for her. It was a silvery black outfit which was hand picked by him. It looked sexy to say the least. He had handpicked the accessories as well. The stylist was waiting to dress her up and make sure the fitting was perfect. An air conditioned room was made available for her and at 4:30 pm, a make up artist arrived. She was instructed by him personally to give her a hot smoky look which she did to perfection but it did not end there. He had arranged a photo shoot to capture his gorgeous woman.

Sivaangi had mentioned to him a while ago that she wanted to feel like a Hollywood star at least for a day and he was making that happen. She did have an event planned earlier so the chauffeur drove her there. Meanwhile, there was a box of her favourite heart shaped pizza sitting in the car for her with a note "can't wait to see my sexy queen tonight". Her heart skipped a beat. She headed to the event where she had to perform but around 9pm, her phone beeped reminding her that the car was ready for her. She quickly took leave of everyone and hopped back into the car.

The driver dropped her off at Ashwin's house. She walked in and rang the doorbell. There was no answer. Just then she saw a note. "Come up to the terrace" She smiled and took the elevator to the terrace. It was dark but the moment she stepped in , her heart skipped a beat. The entire terrace lit up with beautiful string of lights. There was a small path made with rose petals for her to walk towards a table. She looked around as he was no where to be found. Then soft music started to play and from a dark corner she saw him walk towards her. He looked dashing in a suit. He had a single red rose in his hand. He handed the rose to her and said, "Happy Valentine's Day to the most beautiful woman. I have waited all day for you. I wanted to make sure that you have the best day of your life. You deserved to be pampered like the queen and now I want you to be my queen for the rest of my life". While she still looked shocked with her mouth slightly open, he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulled her closer to him, looked deep into her eyes and said, "Sivaangi Krishnakumar, will you marry me?"

Sivaangi gasped. She could not have imagined a more romantic way anyone could propose to her. She could not believe what was happening. She just stared at him until he pulled her closer and said, "Oi rowdy, no nu mattum sollidadhey. Enna kalyanam pannikaren nu sollu. Solluviya?" She smiled immediately and with tears almost threatening to slide down she said, "Yes yes definitely yes" He pulled her closer, slid a beautiful ring into her finger, wrapped his arm around her to lift her a little so their lips could meet. They kissed passionately like they did not want the night to end. He picked her up, still kissing her and took her down to his apartment. He had set up a beautiful dinner for two but Sivaangi was too overwhelmed with love. She wanted to stay in his arms for the rest of the night and so they did.

Brinda Subramanian