Chapter 15

Ilyssa's POV

Daddy places me on the bed and starts filling his suitcase with all sorts of clothes, toiletries, and- a gun. I nervously look at the black object. I remember how it felt against my head, I remember how loud it was when my dad used it to kill that guy. Daddy sees my worrisome face and quickly covers it with a cute onesie. "Taliah picked this up for you as well as a few other clothes" he says then looks over at a bag. "Go on, open it" he says. I open it and inside is a bunch of cute little clothes and even some with designs of that show I like. There's also some toys and stuffies from the show. My tail starts to wag and I try to pin it down. Daddy chuckles and finishes packing. while I already grabbed the toys and stuffies. "Having fun?" he asks sitting next to me and I nod. "I intwoducin dem to stwabway" I say holding my favorite stuffie. "Oh I see, what do they think of her?" he asks. "Dey wik hew an dey fweins now" I say giggling. "That's good. Look hun so I'm not gonna tell you too much because its a surprise, but no need to hide this side of you in Mexico" Daddy explains. "Wy aw we goin dew anyways? An how aw we gona get dew?" I ask. "You'll see hun, it'll be fun" he says patting my head.

Daddy carries me to the car and buckles me into the car seat. "Want me to sit in the back with you hun" he asks, I nod yes. Taliah starts driving and I start to fall asleep while using daddy's arm as a pillow. I had a weird dream while napping, I've been having a lot of weird dreams lately. It started off ok. I was in the forest in my wolf form, but then another wolf popped out of the bushes. A small pup around my size. She ran to me and sniffed me all over. I was confused, then another big wolf around Demon's size appeared in the distance. She called for the pup in some language I didn't understand. The pup ran to the other wolf and said what I think was "See you soon" and then I woke up.

"Hun, we're here it's time to wake up" Demon says while gently shaking me awake. I open my eyes and we're at an airport. I've never been on a plane before, I was supposed to before my mom got sick. The thought of my mother made me sad. I had so much I wanted to ask her. Like who was my real dad? Why did he never want to meet me? And why did she have to go so soon? "Hey hun what's wrong? If you don't like planes we can drive there" Demon asks me. "No i'm fine, just a little scared that's all" I lie. The small change in is face tells me that he knows I'm lying but luckily he decided to drop it. "It can be a little scary, but I'll be there for you" he says hugging me. Two more cars pull up and four people step out from them. Two young looking guys, twins actually one wearing a blue hat the other a red one. Then an older big guy , who looks like the boys but older. And then Leaf? I thought she was supposed to be in that scary building. I'm glad she was able to leave it.

We get in the plane and the younger looking guy with the blue hat stares at me. "Got a problem?" Demon says sternly. "No sir! I just-" the younger guy stutters nervously. "You just what?" Demon asks staring coldly at him. "I like her shirt- I- Well- Really like that show-" he says embarrassed that he announced to a bunch of people he liked a little kids show. "Jeez dude are you sure you are not the baby?" the other young guy with the red hat teases. This earns him a punch in the arm from the guy he's teasing. Both boys ears are grabbed by the big older man. "Sorry sir, my sons shouldn't be acting like children while we're supposed to protect you" the older man explains. "It's fine" Demon says. All of them go to another part of the cabin while the guy with the red hat jokingly puts his thumb near the other guys face while calling him a baby. From the yelp the two make when the curtain closes behind them, I'm guessing their dad hit them or something. Then Leaf walks to Demon, "Thank you" she says. "I promised to get you out of there" Demon says. Leaf walks into the other part of the cabin as well.

Later, while we're in the air we get served dinner. "I can't believe we're gonna get to see the leader of the cartel herself!" the guy with the red hat says. "I wanna ask how she was able to rise to power that fast" the guy with the blue cap says. "You two won't be asking or seeing anything except for anything relating to protecting our assignment" the big man says. "Come on dad you gotta admit meeting "Hija de la muerte" would be really cool!" The boy with the red cap said. His dad just sighed and went back to his food. "Who's that? I ask. "She's who were gonna-" The guy with the blue cap started explaining but his dad gave him a death stare. "She's no body" both twins said together. "But I wanna know" I plead. Demon looks at the boys dad which makes him sigh and give the go ahead to the boys. "Hija de la muerte, it means Daughter of Death. She used to just be an assassin but she worked her way up the ranks until she became the head of the Mexican cartel" the guy with the blue hat explains. "They're one of our biggest competitors in the crime business so we're going to go make a deal with them to try and keep things balanced, unless he can find a way to make her give us more" The guy with the red had says to me and points at Demon. "No no it's gonna be a fair deal, nothing more than that" Demon says. "So we're going to go meet this daughter of death?" I ask nervously. Demon senses my nervousness and puts a hand on my shoulder and whispers "Oh trust me, you'll like her and someone else."