Chapter 8

Demon POV

I'm pissed, I was supposed to be having dinner with my princess, but instead my dick bag father calls me in for a meeting instead. I'm pretty sure I know what he wants too. I have Thalia babysit my princess while I go to deal with this. As I walk out the door I leave a little food out for Artemis, praying to her to keep my pup safe while I'm gone. I get in my care and start driving to his stupid house.

I pulled up into the driveway to see a lot of cars also parked, just great. I get out and look at all the cars and yup all of the division heads are here. So I guess I was wrong, he doesn't want to talk about my little, doubt he even knows about her. I walk up to the door and get stopped by one of his bodyguards. They know me though so I just push past them with ease. Inside I see everyone gathered up in the living room. I find a seat next to the less asshole division heads. But still people tauntly cheer me "The boss's little prince" as they call me. Luckily they only keep this up for a little bit, except Kenni. That freaks just staring at me, probably still pissed I stole his- oh just thinking about what he would've done to Ilyssa makes me want to rip him to shreds. It's not long until my dad steps in. Everyone else cheers and claps while I just sit and text Thalia asking how Ilyssa is. "Is someone keeping you up Demon?" One of the divisions heads say to me. "Demon, I invite you to my house it's common courtesy to not be elsewhere" my dad says. "Sorry just checking in on something" I respond.

"Now I've gathered you guys here today to go over the basic check ups and something special" my dad says and I can feel all the eyes on me even if no one's looking at me. "Kenni your division has continued to be one of the most successful divisions here, good work" my dad says as a grin grows on Kenni's stupid face. "The most successful division is of course Cain's division in selling our drugs, amazing job" my dad continues and the division head nods his head proudly. After my dad finishes congratulating everyone's divisions with the exception of a few divisions who haven't made as much. When my dad doesn't congratulate you, you know you really screwed up. The others started laughing and congratulating each other.

"Now for our special surprise" my dad says and the room goes quiet. "Thanks to a few certain divisions, we are a bit more low on money than usual" my dad says glaring at the division heads he didn't congratulate. "With this I have decided we're gonna fuse two divisions into one" my dad says, losing my attention. It's probably gonna be one of the minor divisions. "Kenni, your division in sex traffic is very similar to Demons division, so we're gonna fuse your divisions into one division" my dad says which annoys Kenni and angers me. How would this work? Who would be the division head? Me or Kenni? Almost reading my mind my dad says "You both will be partners in running this new division, so play nice you two" my dad says. "Sir if I may inquire-". "You may not inquire, what's said is said, no buts or protests, got that?" My dad says cutting Kenni off and then looks at me and I scoff. "Got that Demon?" my dad says looking straight into my eyes. "Whatever" I say. "Good, I'm sure you both are capable of working out the new system, so no distractions" my dad says looking at me again.

The meeting ends and my dad calls me to meet him in his office alone. I follow him into the room I always hated being in. "What are you doing kid?" my dad says lightning a cigar and puts it to his lips. "What do you mean sir" I ask. "I get it's in your biology or whatever but adopting a little? Really?" he says. "Look I don't usually care what you do with your life as long as you get your job done, but this could have a very big negative impact on the family" he says moving his eyes to an open computer with a ton of messages about me and my little princess. "I'm not gonna get rid of her" I say looking straight at him. "First off you don't speak to me like that" my dad says getting up from his chair. "Second off I didn't say to get rid of her, if you did I know it would crush you and you couldn't run your division anymore" he says putting his cigar in his ash plate. "But as you saw everyone thinks this thing is gonna distract you, and I think so as well, which is why I gave you some help in your division" he says. "So what i'm saying is prove to me that it won't distract you, and maybe I'll separate your division again" he says and I can feel my blood boil at the sound of my princess being called an it. "Yes sir I will" I say. "Good, also I know you hate Kenni but I mean it, you better play nice" he says and then tells me I can go home.

I walk out of the house I grew up and I see Kenni standing by my car. "Well hello business partner" he says in a patronizing tone. "What do you want Kenni?" I say trying to push past him and get in my car but he puts his hand over the handle. "I just want to discuss what we're gonna do about our new division" he says with a snarky grin. "We split the work evenly, you kidnap and train your slaves or whatever creepy stuff you do and I work on managing where they go" I say pulling is hand away and opening my door. "Oh that's not gonna work, my work was hard enough before the cut in income, if we're gonna be partners we have to work together in each others worlds of work" he says. My phone rings before I can respond. "Hello?" I ask gruffly. "Hi sir, you need to get back immediately" Thalia says in a scared tone. "Is everything ok?" I ask anxiously but with more restraint so I don't let Kenni know I'm worried about something. "Ilyssa ran into the forest looking for you after I told her it was her bedtime, like to told me to" Thaila says apologetically. "I'll be there right away" I say then hang up. "Something happened to one of my clients I gotta go" I say getting in my car. "Right I'll talk to you later partner" he says and I drive to find my baby