Chapter 14

Ilyssa's POV
I wake up relatively early. My dreams where filled with images of yesterday and what happened to that girl. Could that really have been me if Demon hadn't saved me? Will that be me if Demon gets tired of me? Would I be locked in a cage with a collar strapped to my neck that could kill me in an instant?

Demons still asleep so I decide I should clean. Whether I'm here to be a maid or not it's still a habit to clean. I make my way down stairs to see what I can pick up but everything looks amazing. Thalia really knows how to keep it all really nice. The one thing not done yet is breakfast so I decide to do that.

However, when I get into the kitchen I see that everything looks so different. The stove isn't controlled by nobs, it has a screen. It isn't a gas stove but instead a flat surface black platform. I mess with the screen and it reads, "Burner one activated 50%". A red circle starts to glow and I guess that's where I put the pan. If I could even find the pans. I look around in all the cabinets but I can't find any. The only place to look now is the cabinets up higher. I'm too short to reach them though. I have to climb onto the counter to reach. The problem is that the counter is as black as the stove. I have no idea which part is the stove and I don't wanna get burnt. I go back to the screen and make sure all of the stove tops are off. Letters appear on the screen that read all. No glowing circles so i'm guessing it's off.

I climb up and find the pans on top, next to the stove. The pan size I need is in the middle of a few pans. I try to get it out but its very tricky. That's when I start to think about Demon, I miss him, I want to cuddle him. Oh no I'm going into that baby mode, not now! I almost have the pan unstuck, just a little more wiggling. I get it unstuck but I almost drop it on the ground. Fortunately i was able to grab it before it could fall and crush. Unfortunately I heard a beep.

Before I could react a glowing circle appeared under my foot and the searing pain began. I screamed and fell off the counter. Me and the pan crashed on the floor and I started crying. I looked at my foot and it was red and purple. I had burnt it bad and the pain was unbearable. Both Demon and Thalia ran into the kitchen. Demon rushed next to me to see what happened. "Shes burnt, go get something!" he said hesitantly towards Thalia. Thalia ran off and Demon asked me what happened. I couldn't talk, I just cried and clung to him. Thalia came back and brought a bottle of cream and some bandages. "Sir I have this but-." "But you're right, I'm not letting her have that even if it'll stop the pain faster" Demon says. "Right, bring her to the sink and place her foot under the water" Thalia explains and Demon follows quickly.

"So what happened?" Demon asks while wrapping my foot in the bandages. "I tried making breakfast, you've done so much and I wanted to show I could still help" I explain. "You don't have to do anything hun, everything will be provided for you" he says with his hand on my cheek. "But why? All my life I was raised to work for someone like you, to be like Thalia" I say. "And you shouldn't have been, you deserve the world my beautiful princess" he says. "But why? I haven't done anything to deserve any of this!" I cry out. "Because you're my soulmate, the love of my life, literally" he chuckles.

"You'll have to stay off your foot for a few days and the pain should lower later tonight" Thalia explains to me and Demon. "It's a good thing I can carry you everywhere" Demon says then kisses my forehead. We eat breakfast, Thalia made waffles. Demon sits me down to let me eat. "So I'm thinking we watch some movies today with a bunch of snacks" Demon says. I nod my head, I don't mind what we do just as long as I'm with him.

We pick a movie, and me and Demon cuddle each other. His phone starts to ring but he just doesn't answer. Then it rings again, but again Demon turns it off. Then it rings for the third time. "You should probably pick that up" I say and he listens. "I'll be back hun" He says and ruffles my hair which makes me blush. I pause the movie as I wait for him to come back. I wanna go find him but my foot won't let me walk. "So crawl" a familiar voice says. It sounds like me but different, it's my wolf half. "Come on, we wanna find daddy!" she exclaimed. She was right, I did wanna find him, to be held, but how did she know that? I guess she is me, just a different part of me. I crawl down the couch and go in the direction daddy went. Wait, what am I doing? I can just shift and smell for him. I shifted partly to where my nose could smell for him and I know where he is. 

He's just around the corner. I peek around the corner and see him talking on the phone. He sees me and gives me a smile as he sits on the floor and pats next to him inviting me for cuddles. I get to him and I lay my head on his lap. He pets my head, he's so warm. Then I realize I can kinda hear the phone. "Listen, we can talk about it when you get back, I'll let Kenni know that for now he's on his own. But listen, that means he has full control over all your crew and product until you get back" says a the voice belonging to that other man in the office yesterday. Daddy sighs, "Just make sure he doesn't kill any of my people." "Sure I can promise that" he says, then hangs up. Daddy looks at me and pats my head. "We should get off the floor, we gotta pack some stuff" he says and I tilt my head confused. "Ever been to Mexico hun?"