Chapter 13

Demon's POV
Tw: detailed death and hints of sex trafficking
"So I've asked you two here alone because I have something important to discuss that only division heads can hear. Meaning that I trust that you will keep this information to yourself" my dad says. Both me and Kenni nod our heads. "Gentlemen, I'm getting old, so after some thought I've decided I will hand over my leadership to one of the division heads" my dad explains. I didn't expect to hear this. If I was the top boss I could make this group really safe for Ilyssa. But it's gonna be a challenge to get to the top because by Kenni's look I can tell he's gonna try real hard to get this position or at least try to keep me from it.

"This will take a while to decide, but I want yo give everyone a chance to prove to me why they should inherit the family" my dad says. "Daddyyy! I miss ooooo". Ilyssa's voice echos in my head. "Demon, you being my son isn't gonna influence my decision at all, you know that right?" My dad asks. Daddyyy aw oo comin bac soon?" Ilyssa says again. "Yes sir" I say to my father. "Wan my daddy!" Ilyssa says again very loud. "Stop" I try to think but accidentally say out loud. "What?" My dad says, and Kenni smirks. "I think my partners a little distracted" he says. "No I'm fine, just tired" I say. "Well then it's a good thing we're done here, you can go get the girl now" my dad says getting up from his chair.

Kenni has someone show me to where my pup is. The building is so depressing. I hate that Ilyssa's here. The amount of people crying and screaming disturbs me, I don't wanna know how my baby feels here. "This is the room" the guy says and then leaves. I open the door.

"Hey hun ready to- what happened?!" I say seeing my baby teary eyed. "I don't know! She just started crying!" Leaf says while shaking. I wouldn't hurt her even if I'm ready to kill someone for making my princess cry. I go and pick up my baby. "What's wrong hun?" I ask but she just hides her face in my neck. I wouldn't normally do this in front of others but I start to lick Ilyssa.

Wolves, especially male ones, would never groom their young in front of others but it's the only thing I can think of to cheer her up. It kinda worked cause even though she was super blushy and wiggles a bit she calmed down. "Demon I'm so sorry! I promise I didn't make her cry!" Leaf says in a panic. "It's ok, calm down. It was my fault for dropping someone like Ilyssa on you" I say. "Still, I'm sorry sir" Leaf says lowering her head.

I call Thalia and ask her if she could come pick up Ilyssa, she said she would be here as fast as she could. Unfortunately I had to continue my work with Kenni while she drove her. I held Ilyssa close and cover her eyes and ears when we passed by terrible places. But I'm sure she still heard most of it. "In here is where we keep all the cargo before it can be trained and sent to work" Kenni says with a smirk. "Yea I know I've been here before we can move on" I say while holding Ilyssa tightly. "Not so fast prince, we've added a few- features since the last head- you know" he says with a giggle at the end. He led me to a control panel with a lot of different screens. "We can monitor all cargo's vitals and whereabouts with a chip implanted in all their necks" he explains. I have to work with this monster, this is gonna be the worst experience of my life. "We've even worked on something special. If any cargo let's say escaped we have a way to terminate them before they can contact authorities" he says with a sinister expression. "It is only a prototype though. Say let's give it a test now" he says then types something. Leaf and her photo appears on the screen and a option for termination appeared.

"Oops my bad, typo" he says then types in Lexi and a random girl pops up. "Hm Lexi here tried escaping yesterday and got pretty far. She's a liability and you know what we have to do to liabilities don't you demon" she says in a serious tone which makes it scarier. "All day you've been here and you haven't pulled any weight. Press the button" he says coldly. I do my best to block my mind from Ilyssa, take my hand away from Ilyssa's ears, then I press the button. A beeping noises echos from behind us and a gasp. I turn around and a girl is choking and scratching at her neck. I'm quick to cover Ilyssa's ears but she already heard it and starting crying. Fucking asshole did this on purpose. I turn to Kenni and he just smirks. "It's the families rules" he says coldly.

"I pulled my weight, we're leaving" I say coldly daring him to try me. "Fine, I'll be in touch with you" Kenni says. I quickly leave with Ilyssa and pet her head. "It's gonna be ok baby" I whisper in her ear. She clings to me as we exit the building. Thalia pulls up and explain that we're leaving together and gonna stop my Mcgwobbles. I sit in the back with Ilyssa and lick her some more. She giggles a little and she lays her head on mine before drifting off to sleep.

"What do we get her?" Thalia asks. "Buwgw" Ilyssa mumbles. "I guess that solves it" I say with a chuckle. We get the food and drive back home. Luckily she wakes up by the time we get home so she can eat. "I'm so sorry our day got cut short my little angel" I say kissing her fore head. "We got you a Lovely Meal from Mcgwobbles and I think it has a toy from that show you like" I say and her cute little face lights up and her tail wags. "After you eat we can watch a movie and cuddle" I say as she eats. "Is it hood hun?" I ask and she nods with food all over her face. I wipe it off and pick her up so we can go watch a movie and cuddle. Hopefully I can make her day better again.

Author Note
Sorry this chapter took so long. I had low motivation to write and didn't have any ideas. Let me know what you want to see in the next chapters. Again sorry for the long pause and I hope you liked this chapter. With love.