Chapter 10

Ilyssa's POV
Despite how much Demon tries to hide his thoughts I can vaguely hear them, he's absolutely angry. He's carrying me home with the only noise being the wind. "I'm sorry" I say only receiving quiet from him. We continue to walk and I see the gloomy glow back at the house, Thalia waiting at the door with new clothes for me. "I'm sorry sir I should've took care of her better" she apologizes. "Don't be sorry it wasn't your fault" he says and I can hear the anger in his voice.

"Go change" he says putting me down and then leaving my room. It's just some simple clothes that I can sleep in but even so I don't think I could sleep. So I just clean the room, there isn't much to clean because I'm guessing Thalia already cleaned it so I just reorganize everything. Then I hear a knock on the door and it opens to Demon coming in. "You should be asleep" he says. "I can't" I respond while not making eye contact. He sighs and sits down on the bed. "What you did was very dangerous" he says. "I know I'm sorry" I say hanging my head. "It was very dangerous but at the same time I can't be too mad, your just a pup and it's probably hard to go back and forth" he says holding his hand out for me to sit next to him. I join him and he wraps his arm around me. "How about tomorrow we go do something, like watch a movie or go to the park?" He asks. "If you want to" I say not wanting to be much of a burden. "Then we will, for you, anything my princess wants" he says standing up and lifting me with him. "Let's get you ready for bed my sweet pup" he says placing our noses together. I really want to kiss him. He hears my wishes and leans closer, our lips closing in on each other but then I feel it and recoil in pain.

Demon checked where it hurt and there was a huge bruise on my leg, it was where the man had held his knee on. I could feel Demon's anger rise but not at me this time. "I'll kill him" he says quietly before calling Thalia to tell her what was happening and if she could bring up some things to help. After a little while she came up with some stuff. Demon rubbed some ointment that made the pain fade and then he carefully wrapped some bandages around my leg. He calmed me every time I winced. "It's ok baby girl it's almost over" he said. He finishes and then pets my head. "Let's get you to bed princess we have a long day tomorrow" he says cleaning the bed. He tucks me in and kisses my forehead, just like my mom used to do when I was a kid. He goes to leave but I whine. "I- I don't want to be alone" I say. He seems to understand and lays in bed with me. We go to fall asleep and I notice his body temperature is always just right. If I got to hot his body heat cooled and if I got too cold it would heat up. I couldn't help clinging closely to him as my eyes close and I drift off to sleep. I wake up screaming and Demon instantly gets up and holds me. That dream was terrifying.

I was floating in a void of nothing. All I could do was look around. It was very weird. I was in my wolf form, but I couldn't smell anything. I tried to call out but when my mouth opened nothing came out. I was starting to freak out but then something popped up in the void. Two blue things, like little rocks. They were sapphires. "They help me see the future" an echoey voice said. It scared me since it came out of nowhere but then the void disappeared. I was in a cave and on a stone platform was a girl. "Ilyssa Moonlight, descendant of Luna Moonlight, mate of the last living lycan wolf, you have a dark future. Thus continuing the curse of the lycan" She said. "Huh? What curse what's going to happen" I ask. "You'll find out in due time, how you ended up in my chambers is beyond my sight, but I can guess you've received some Divine intervention" he voice echoed in the cave. "It shouldn't be possible for someone from your world to enter mine" said the girl. "What world?" I ask. "Why can't you feel it? We're in the land of the dead, the underworld" she said and the cave opened and I saw a foggy field full of people in a line leading this way. "Poor souls, allowed to come to me and ask if they will ever escape here" the girl said sorrowfully. "Will they?" I ask. "No, no one escapes death no matter what they are and no matter who likes them" she says with a tear flowing down her face.  "I suppose you are here for a prophecy" she said fading into nothing then reappearing on another platform. "Not many alive souls make it down here in the underworld" she said. "We will have to make it quick I have an eternal line" she cried. "Birthed is a bastard child, timid and mild. An eye watches deciding who will live or die. The lycans curse is carried out, leaving the moon to scream and shout"  once she finishes the weird riddle the ground shakes and cracks open. I fall through but it also feels like it's pulling me in.

I wake up screaming and Demon immediately holds me. I cling to him just holding tight to make sure he is real. I don't know what that dream was about but I didn't like it. "It's ok sweetheart your safe I'm here for you, I always will be" he says petting my back. "Wanna tell me what that dream was about?" he asked. As soon as I was about to explain it the memory of it faded. "I fowgot?" I say confused. "It's ok hun, whatever it was, It wasn't real" he said wiping away my tears. "Are you excited for your fun day today?" he asked and I nod in response. "I was thinking we would go to the mall and just have a big fun day" he explains and I nod happily. "Ok but there will be some rules we have to follow so you're safe" he says kissing my forehead.