Chapter 2

Ilyssa's POV

My dad tells me to quickly go pack a bag. I hurry and follow his orders. I quickly pack my clothes and in the rush something falls to the floor, it's my teddy. The bear my mom gave me before she-. I fall the floor crying, whats happening, why is this happening to me? Why did she have to go, why did my dad have to be a dick when he used to be nice. He'll be up soon, I need to hurry, I finish and also put strawberry in there. I hear footsteps approaching, my dad walks in with tape, shit. "Turn around, now" he commands and I do so. He retapes my ears up, and I wince in pain, all the painful sounds reentering my head. "Oh suck it up, what did I say about crying over nothing" He says annoyed. "I- Im sorry D- Sir" I stumble on my words. "Here but this on" he says while putting a pretty dress on the bed. "We're going to a party, Oh and forget everything that happened today, I don't ever want to hear about it again" he says gruffly. After changing and loading the car we started to get in. We were really leaving the house I grew up in. We drive away slowly and I see the house on last time, it- it's on fire?! I look back at my bad and he just looks straight face at the road.

We drive for a long time not saying a word. We drove past the forest which was pretty, but not as pretty seeing it through a window. "Listen closely, when we get to the party you will not talk unless spoken to, you will use your manners closely for everyone, you will stay with me at all times, you will not cry, and you will listen to me no matter what, got that?" He says sternly and I nod. We pull up to this fancy restaurant and get out of the car. We walk to this back door instead of the entrance. We walk to this stranger and him and my dad mumble a few words and he lets us inside.

It's beautiful in here, there's light shimmering against the marble floors and gold tables. There's a lot of people talking to each other, and music, and ow, its really loud in here and hurting my ears. My dad tells me to sit at a table quietly while he goes to do "business". I'm a little scared to be alone but I obey. I sit down and just unwind. After everything that happened today, I don't know what to think. My mom, that dead guy, my dad, what do I do after today? Will something like this happen again? We're will we live? Am I gonna die? Did that guy kill my mom? No she was sick, but with what? "Hey!" some guy says snapping me out of my thoughts. "It's not nice to ignore people sweetie" he says in a creepy voice. "Im Kenni but im really called Keen Eyes" he says and stares at me with his scary yellow eyes wanting a response. "I- Im Ily-". "Ily! What a great name" he cuts me off. I feel really uncomfortable around this guy. And then suddenly he grabs my cheeks and chin and slightly pushes up. "Smile beautiful, you really need to smile" he chuckles. I don't like this at all. "Say, whats this behind your ears anyways?" he says reaching for my ears but moves back when my dad comes in.

"Hello Keen Eye, what can I do for you?" he says quickly. "I'm doing fine thanks for asking" he says sarcastically. They move away from me but i'm still able to hear what they're talking about. "I see your daughters a little, or just a little am I right" he says with a chuckle and I can see my dad tightening his body. "If you know what's good for you, you will shut your mouth" he says quietly and sternly. "I always planned to, so long as you give her to me, I'll be nice and even pay" he says looking at me making me scared. Does he know I'm listening? I guess they do call him keen eyes but still, scary. "What do you even want with a little?" my dad asks. "To keep your innocence i'd rather not say" Kenni says. He then gives a wicked smile and looks back at me. I'm scared, I don't know what's going on? What's a little? Am I a little? Why didn't I know? Why did he say I'm not my dad's child? "I know what you're running from, you need the money I know you do" he says patronizingly. "Hm how much money?" my dad asks, is he really gonna sell me?! I keep listening but I can't help but notice that there's another pair of eyes on me. Although I can't pinpoint where the gaze is coming from. There's so much going on at one time i'm starting to get overwhelmed. A boy taps my shoulder. "You have to calm down, you don't want your master to get mad or embarrassed" the boy says, oddly he's not the strange gazes owner. I open my mouth to talk but should I? I'm panicking, what if i get in even more trouble, is talking just bad on its own? "It's ok, you can talk, they're too busy with their conversation" he says with a kind smile. "I- im Ilyssa" I say calming down a bit. "Pretty name, is this your first party?". I nod. "You have to learn to use your words more, the masters get mad if you don't for some reason, oh and whatever you do don't-". "Ash I see you met your newest friend to work with" Kenni says behind us. "Oh- I- um- didn't-". "Ash we talked about this" Kenni pulls on the collar ash is wearing, "Stop stumbling on your words in front of others unless I allow you to" he says only a few centimeters away from his face. "Sorry Sir-". Kenni pulls the collar more. "D- Daddy sorry Daddy" he says quickly. "Much better, now how much did we agree on for this one, 10K?" he says looking at me. I don't want to go with him. "What about 100K" says a mysterious voice.

This man walks into our conversation, he's big and scary looking. But something weird happens, something inside me shifts, I feel so drawn to this man. And that gaze is so beautiful, like its calling me to him, its that same gaze I felt earlier. Was he watching me? "Not so fast big shot, I already bought her she's mi-" Kenni tries to spurt out but my dad interrupts. "Take her! She's all yours!" He blurts out. He sold me, My dad, he sold me, his daughter. He sold me like I was nothing. He sold me like I was just something. I know my dad is really mean but. He loved me, he used to love me, right? The memories flood my mind. We went to the beach, we went to the park, after mom died we spent so much time together. Was that all nothing? Did I imagine it? I'm snapped back to reality when my "dad" pulls me up by my arm and throws me to the man. He catches me and my head is against his chest, I can feel his heartbeat, it's so comforting. "Listen here demon, just because your boss's favorite doesn't mean you can-" Kenni walks to him but a growl from the man stops him. The growl was scary but it felt protective. "Come now Ilyssa, we're leaving" he says grabbing my hand gently causing me to blush really hard. How does he know my name? I didn't say it. He helps me get in this pretty black car. When I sit down, a loud car speeds by, it was loud so I whince in pain. "Ok Ilyssa can you help me here and lean your head down" he says his voice softer than clouds. I listen and he carefully takes the tape off my ears. They fold back to puppy ears and the world isn't as loud. He gets in and starts the car. "Im demon, i'm gonna be taking care of you now"