Chapter 36: A Secret Unfolded P.T 1

The next week was the week that Mindi, Daniel and the kids came back from vacation. It was the Monday that they went back to work and school. Mindi and Milly walked into school as usual.

   Mindi walked into her office to everyone welcoming her back from vacation. "Woo hoo welcome back Mindi we missed you!" everyone yelled as they all hugged her. "Aww thank you guys, I missed you all too" said Mindi.

   Mindi sat down and told them all about the trip and what all they did. Mindi finished talking about the trip just as the bell rang. Everyone said bye and went to their classroom's and office.

   Later on Mindi was doing some work and decided to go check her mailbox. While checking her mailbox, Monica was there also so she decided to catch up with her. A few minutes later Lindsey walked by them, said hi then quickly walked away. "Hmm that was strange, what's up with her?" Monica asked. "I'm not sure" said Mindi.

"Anyways, sounds like you had fun on your trip glad you're back see you later" Monica said to Mindi. "Thanks, see you later" Mindi said. After Monica left, Mindi decided to follow Lindsey and see why she was in such a rush. She seen her go up the stairs so she quietly followed her.

  When she got upstairs she lost Lindsey because she turned the corner but when Mindi turned the corner she ran right into Lydia. "Shit Mindi!" Lydia yelled. "Sorry, what are you even doing?" Mindi asked. "I seen Lindsey walking by so I'm following her, what were you doing?" Lydia asked. "Same thing as you" Mindi said.

   "Lindsey has been acting strange ever since you were gone but I haven't figured out why yet" said Lydia. "That's strange" said Mindi. Just then Lindsey was walking out of the teachers lounge so Lydia and Mindi hurried up and ran to Lydia's room real fast so Lindsey didn't catch them following her.

  "What do you think she's up to?" Mindi asked. "I'm not sure but I'm very curious" said Lydia. "Me too" said Mindi. "Why don't you just ask her" Mindi said. "No way" Lydia said. "Why not?" Mindi asked. "She wouldn't tell me even if I did ask" said Lydia. "I bet she would" said Mindi. "Give it up" Lydia laughed. "Aw come on" Mindi said. They laughed. "See ya later" Mindi said then went back to her office.

   She stopped at Lindsey's office to chat and catch up. "Hey" said Mindi. "Hey" said Lindsey. "How's it going?" Mindi asked her. "It's uhm going great" said Lindsey. "Everything okay?" Mindi asked. "Yes why?" Lindsey asked. "Just asking" said Mindi. "Well everything is fine so no need to worry" said Lindsey. "Okay..." Mindi said then going back to her office.

   A few minutes later Tess walked into Mindi's office to chit chat. "Hey" said Tess. "Hey" said Mindi. "What's up?" Tess asked. "Just doing some work, what about you?" Mindi asked. "Just came to see what you were doing, I see you're wearing my favorite sexy glasses again" said Tess. "Indeed I am" said Mindi.

   Mindi got up from her desk, took her glasses off and walked over to Tess. They looked in each others eyes then kissed. "Mmm haven't done that in a while" said Tess. "I know, I missed it" said Mindi. Tess then shut the door behind her and walked Mindi up against her desk while kissing her.

"We have to be quiet, Lindsey is right next door in her office" Mindi whispered. "I'm not the one who will have to be to be quiet" Tess smirked. They started making out as Mindi slid her hand up the front of Tess's shirt. Tess then slowly slid her hand up Mindi's thigh and moved her fingers closer to the upper inside of her thigh. Tess started to unbutton Mindi's pants when someone knocked on the door.

Mindi and Tess jumped and stopped what they were doing and fixed themselves. Mindi cleared her throat, "Come in" Mindi said. It was... the office secretary. "Mrs. Spencer-Romano there is a girl out here who needs to talk with you when you're not busy" said the secretary. "Okay, could you send her in please?" Mindi asked. "Yes, of course" the secretary replied. "Thank you" said Mindi.

"I guess we'll have to finish this later" Tess winked. "I guess we will" Mindi smirked. Tess then left and went to her classroom, shortly after the girl who needed to talk to Mindi walked in. "Uhm hi, are you Mindi?" the girl asked. "Yes I am" said Mindi. "I'm Lauren, Tess's oldest daughter" said Lauren. "Oh right Tess has showed me your picture before, nice to finally meet you" said Mindi. "Yes, nice to finally meet you too, I've heard a lot about you" Lauren said reaching her hand out to shake Mindi's hand.

Mindi reached her hand out, shook Lauren's hand and they both smiled. "So Lauren, is there something that I can help you with?" Mindi asked her. "Actually yes, it's about my mom" said Lauren. "Okay, shut the door and have a seat" said Mindi. Lauren shut the door and sat down. "So, what's going on?" Mindi asked her. "Well this is hard to say but I think that my mom might be having an affair" Lauren said. Mindi froze and her face got beat red. Does Lauren know? Mindi questioned in her mind.

"Why do you think that?" Mindi asked. "Well for one my dad is always out of town for work and when he is home they don't even act like a married couple but my mom is always strangly happy like she's seeing someone new oh and the way that she dresses has changed since the last time I flew in" Lauren said. "Well those are definitely signs of an affair, I think that you should talk to her about it because only she can confirm if it's true or not" said Mindi. "Okay, thank you for understanding" said Lauren.

"You're welcome but one question, why did you talk to me about this instead of Joni?" Mindi asked. "Well I couldn't talk to Joni about this since her and my mom are such best friends she is like an aunt to me and Joni would not tell me if she is having an affair or not and you're the next person I know who is close to her" Lauren said. "Oh okay, well I will try my best to help you out" said Mindi. "Thank you, and nice meeting you again" said Lauren. 'Nice finally meeting you too" said Mindi. Lauren then left. Omg that was crazy, what am I going to do? Mindi thought. It was almost time for lunch and Mindi had to talk to the others about this, but not Tess just yet.

It was finally time for lunch and Mindi had asked Monica to stall Tess for a minute so that she could tell the others what happened. After everyone except Tess got to Mindi's office and seated Mindi said she had something to talk to them about. Mindi told them what happened with Lauren and everyone was quiet and in shock until Joni busted out laughing.

"How is this funny to you?" Mindi asked her. "Yes I agree, you always laugh in the most serious situations" Lindsey said. Lydia then started to laugh along with Joni. "You too, really" Lindsey said. "I'm sorry, I really am but it's just that this kinda funny but not funny at the same time" said Lydia. "So you both find this funny?" Mindi said. "No you're right it's not funny and I'm sorry too, it's just that laughing is how I react to a serious situation" said Joni. Soon Mindi and Lindsey started to laugh too.

"What's so funny?" said Tess as she walked in. Everyone stopped laughing and went completely silent.

Thank you for reading this chapter!!!! so so so sorry I haven't posted in literally forever I was extremely busy. I'm going to try write more and some pretty good ideas but I'm always willing to take some suggestions!! Hope you read the next chapters. Also no sure when I'll end this story and If you can't tell I like cliffhangers. 🙃