Chapter 10: A Fight

It's the next morning and Mindi and Milly had just arrived at the school. "Have a good day Mil, love you" Mindi said to Milly. "You too, love you Mom" Milly replied. Milly went upstairs to her homeroom and Mindi went to her office. Mindi sat down her stuff and went to Lindsey's office.

"Good morning" Mindi said to Lindsey. She didn't say anything, she didn't even look up like she usually did. "Lindsey? Lindsey?" Mindi kept saying her name still no answer, she just kept sitting there so still and quiet. Mindi walked over to her and shook her shoulder a little to get her attention.

"Lindsey?" Mindi said once again. "What oh uhm morning, I'm sorry it was a late night" Lindsey replied. "Are you okay Lindsey?" Mindi asked her. "Y-Yes I'm great" Lindsey replied. "You can't lie to me I know when you're lying" said Mindi. "Really I'm okay" Lindsey said.

"You're acting strange, Lindsey what's going on?" Mindi asked her. "N-Nothing is going on, just leave it be" Lindsey replied. "Okay but I will find out, you know I always do" said Mindi. "Yes you always, always do" Lindsey said nervously. Mindi went to her office to start her day.

  It was almost 1:00 which was the time that Lannie and Mindi had planned to go out for lunch. Lannie was running a little late getting to Mindi's office to meet her for lunch. "Hey Lindsey have you heard from Lannie? she running a little but late" Mindi asked Lindsey. "W-What makes you think that I have heard from her?" Lindsey replied.

"I-I was just wondering, I see you're still acting weird" said Mindi. "Hey sorry I'm late, I was finishing up something for work" Lannie said as she finally got there. "It's okay, maybe you can help me figure out why Lindsey is acting weird" Mindi said.

   "H-How would I know why Lindsey's acting weird?" Lannie said. "Okay now you're acting weird" Mindi said to Lannie. "What's going on guys?" Mindi asked. "We better get going, we only have an hour for lunch" Lannie said. "O-kay, Lindsey do you wanna go to lunch with us?" Mindi asked her.

   "No!" Lindsey shouted quickly. "Jeez okay" Mindi said. "Sorry I mean, no thank you" Lindsey said. "It's okay, jeez you guys are acting so strange, let's just go" Mindi. Lannie gave Lindsey a look before she and Mindi left for lunch.

     They get to the restaurant to eat lunch. They get seated and are looking over their menus. Mindi puts down her menu and looks at Lannie until she notices that Mindi is looking at her. "So are you gonna tell me why you and Lindsey are both acting weird or am I gonna have to say it myself Mindi said.

   "I don't know what you're talking about " Lannie said. "You know exactly what I'm talking about Lannie" Mindi said. "Then what do you think you know hmm" Lannie asked her. "I'm not dumb Lannie, I know when you got back to the school last night that you didn't just get in your car and leave" Mindi said.

    "I know what you guys did, and honestly I expected it from you but not from her" Mindi said. "Mindi I'm so sorry" said Lannie. "Don't apologize, just don't beg me to help you through your pain again when you two hurt each other because I already helped you both once and I don't know how much I can do this time, it really hurt to see you both like that" said Mindi.

    "I know and I'm forever grateful for you and everything that you did and do, I really couldn't have gone through that alone" Lannie said. They just half smiled at each other. The waiter came back and took their orders then left. "I'm gonna go use the bathroom" Lannie said. "Okay" Mindi replied.

    Mindi called Lindsey while Lannie was using the bathroom.

L: Hello

M: Are you serious right now?