Chapter 9: A Vist From an Old Friend

Mindi now felt at home, she has amazing friends that she gets to work with and see everyday. Milly is loving school and her friends and she has became great friends with Carina.

   It was an early school morning and there was a teachers meeting first thing in the morning. Mindi walked upstairs to the teachers lounge and sat down beside Joni and Tess. "Morning mate" said Joni. "Mate?" said Mindi. "I found out last night that I had Australian ancestors" said Joni.

"That's really cool" said Mindi. Right(says in Australian accent) said Joni. They all three laughed. "The meeting starts in like 3 minutes where are Lindsey and Lydia?" Mindi asked. "Probably off doing it somewhere" Joni laughed. "This early?"
Mindi laughed.

"Good morning everyone let's get started" said the head principal. Everyone got out their papers and got ready to present. "So sorry we're late we had something to take care of" said Lindsey as her and Lydia sat down beside the others.

"Something to take care of I bet" Joni whispered to Lydia. Lydia just looked at her and laughed. The meeting went on then soon finished and everyone left. Mindi walked out of the room and to her office with Tess following her.

"This time I'm not chasing you" Tess laughed. "Very funny" Mindi said laughing. "You smell good by the way" Tess whispered in Mindi's ear before she walked away. Mindi smirked and kept walking. "Hey wait for me" Lindsey said as she walked downstairs with Mindi.

   They got down to the main office. "Hey Mrs. Spencer-Romano there is someone waiting for you and Mrs. Romano in your office" said the secretary at the front desk. They both looked at each confused. They walked into Mindi's office to see one of their old friends, Lannie Brooks. (Pronounced Lay-nee)

"Lannie oh my gosh I didn't know you were coming in!" Mindi said hugging her. "I've missed you guys so much" said Lannie. "How are you?" Lindsey asked her as they hugged next. "I'm good how are you?" Lannie replied. "I'm good also" said Lindsey.

"What are you doing here?" Mindi asked her. "I'm here solving a case" said Lannie. "How long are you in for?" Lindsey asked her. "A whole week" Lannie replied. "That's awesome, I still can't believe you're here!" Mindi said hugging her again.

   "Where are you staying?" Lindsey asked her. "In a hotel, it was provided with the trip" Lannie replied. "That's nice of them to provide that for you" said Mindi. "Yeah it was" Lannie smiled.

    Tess walks in. "Hey Mindi do you still have those papers for- oh I'm sorry am I interrupting something?" said Tess. "Not at all, Tess do you know who this is?" Mindi said. "If I'm not mistaken that's Lannie Brooks" Tess replied with a smile. "You'd be right" said Lannie returning a smile.

   "How are you?" Tess asked her. "I'm good how are you?" Lannie replied. "I'm good as well" said Tess. "So what do you plan on doing while you're here?" asked Lindsey. "Well I do plan to catch up with you guys and check out that new candy store you guys have" said Lannie.

"That sounds nice, hey why don't you come over to my house tonight at 7 and I'll make dinner, you both can come too" said Mindi. "Okay thanks" said Lannie. "Hey Mindi do you still have those papers for uhm?" Tess asked. "Oh yes I do, here" said Mindi as she got the papers out of her desk and handed them to Tess. "Thanks, see you guys later" Tess said as she took the papers and went back up to her room.

The three continued talking and catching up. As it got closer to the end of the day Mindi started getting her things ready to leave. Before walking out of her office to go wait for Milly, she went to Lindsey's office where Lindsey and Lannie were. "Hey guys" said Mindi. "Hey, Hey" they both said back.