Chapter 7: A Bonfire P.T 2

If you have been reading, tell me what happened 🫢

   Everyone was having a good time making s'mores and socializing with each other. It was a Friday so people could stay as long as they wanted. Mindi's phone rings. *Incoming call from Kate Emerson*.

    Excuse me I have to take this it's my kids babysitter said Mindi.
M: Hey Kate is everything okay?
K: Archer and Addison won't stop fighting, Gideon keeps making messes and Vada won't stop crying
M: Okay I'm gonna come pick them up, tell them I'll be there in 15 minutes
K: Okay, I didn't wanna have to call you but I didn't know what else to do
M: That's okay, see you soon, bye Kate
K: See you soon Mindi
*Call Ends*

"That was Kate honey, I have to go pick up the kids" said Mindi. "Do you want me to go get them?" asked Daniel. "No it's okay I'll go" Mindi replied. Mindi goes to leave. "Hey where you going?" asked Tess. "I have to go pick up my kids, wanna come with me?" Mindi asked her. "Sure" Tess replied.

  They get in Mindi's car and head to the babysitters house. "You can play your music if you want to, just hook up your bluetooth" said Mindi. "Oh okay thanks" Tess hooked up her bluetooth and played Heat Waves by Glass Animals. "I didn't know you liked stuff like this" said Mindi. "I love pop music" said Tess. "I listen to pop music all the time, it's my favorite" Mindi said.

    They both were silent for a while, just listening to the music that Tess was playing from her playlist. "You have a pretty good playlist, I like it" said Mindi. "Thank you" Tess smiled. They both just went silent again until they arrived at Kate's house to pick up Mindi's kids.

   We're here said Mindi as she parked and unbuckled her seatbelt. "Are you coming with me?" Mindi asked her. "Oh are you sure?" Tess asked. "Of course" Mindi smiled. Tess unbuckled her seatbelt and went with Mindi.

   They got to the door and Mindi knocked. Kate answers, "oh thank gosh you're hear I'm sorry usually it's not a problem but I couldn't get them settled down for anything" said Kate. "It's okay don't worry about it dearie, it's okay" Mindi smiled. "Kids your mom is here" said Kate as the kids got their shoes on them.

  "Oh Kate this is my friend, Tess. Tess this is Kate our children's babysitter" Mindi introduced them. "Nice to meet you" said Kate. "Nice to meet you too" Tess replied. "If you guys hurry up I'll stop at McDonald's" Mindi said so the kids would hurry up. The kids were up and ready before she even finished her sentence.

    "Thank you again Kate, I don't know what we would do without you" Mindi said as she hugged Kate bye. "You're so welcome Mindi, I love your kids so much" said Kate. Everyone got in the car and put their seatbelts on. Mindi buckled Vada in her car seat then got in the car and went.

   "Mommy who is your friend" asked Gideon. "This is Tess, she's my work friend" Mindi replied. "Hi Tess" Gideon said with a little giggle. "Hi buddy" Tess replied with a laugh. Mindi just smiled and pulled into McDonald's. "Let's go in" said Mindi.

   They all unbuckled their seatbelts and started to get out of the car. "I can get Vada if you want since she's on my side" said Tess. "Sure, thanks" Mindi replied. Tess got Vada out and they all walked into McDonalds.

   "Wow mommy they have a playground" Gideon shouted. "I know that's why we came inside but you have to eat all your food before we can play okay?" "Then I'm gonna eat super fast" said Gideon. "Well not so fast that you get sick because you don't wanna throw up do ya" said Mindi.

   They got up to the register and started ordering, Mindi got her kids their usual nugget happy meals except for Addison who thought she needed a cheeseburger since she was almost 10. Mindi got herself the number 6. "What are you getting?" Mindi asked Tess. "I think I'm gonna get the number 1" Tess replied.

   They filled up their cups while waiting for their food to be ready. "Why don't you guys go find a table while me and Tess wait for the food to come then we will bring it to the table" Mindi said. "Okay mommy"the kids went and found a table to sit at to wait for the food to come.

   "I absolutely love your kids, they're the cutest and I can tell you're a great mom" said Tess. "Awe that's so sweet thank you, I love my kids with all my heart and I wouldn't trade them for the world" said Mindi.
They both just smiled.

  "Where are your other two?" asked Tess. "Well Milly is at Anne's and Jaini is at home in her room, since those two are the oldest they don't need a babysitter" Mindi replied. "That's fair" said Tess.

   Mindi you're order is ready, said the worker. "That's me, thank you have a good night". They took the food to their table and they all began eating. "Mommy I'm done eating can I go play now pleaseeee" said Gideon. "Me too" said Archer then Addison. "I guess so, be careful" Mindi replied. They went to play leaving little 3 yr old Vada with Mindi and Tess so she could finish eating.

    Vada then finished eating. "I go play now?" asked little Vada. Mindi took her to play with the other kids. "Addison keep a close eye on her and make sure she doesn't get hurt" Mindi said then she walked back out to the table and sat with Tess while the kids played.

   "They all seem to get along pretty well" said Tess. "Yes they do well other than Archer and Addison sometimes, we say it's because they are the closest ones in age but are also each others best friend" said Mindi. "That's so sweet" said Tess. They continued to talk about whatever while the kids played for a little bit longer.

   "It's getting late we should get going" said Mindi. "I agree" said Tess. "Alright kids time to go" said Mindi. The kids came as soon as Mindi said it's time to go. "Wow your kids listen very well" said Tess. "Yeah that's something we've never had to worry about, they all listen pretty well except for miss sassy Vada when she doesn't get her way" Mindi said.

    "Haha a typical three year old" said Tess. They both started laughing then they all headed to the car, buckled up and headed on their way home. Tess played music in the car that she thought the kids might like. Which they did and they all sang along on the way home.

   "Okay guys we are home, go straight in the house and get your pjs on" said Mindi. They all unbuckled their seatbelts, got out and the kids went inside. "There you guys are" said Daniel. "We stopped at McDonald's and got something to eat because the kids wouldn't eat for Kate then I let them play on the playground" Mindi replied.

   "Your kids listen very well" said Tess. "Thanks it's all Mindi, they always listen to her well except little Vada, "when she doesn't get her way" Daniel and Tess both said. "How do you know that?" asked Daniel. "Mindi was telling me, a typical three year old" Tess replied. "Oh yes she's very sassy just like her mother" said Daniel as they both laughed. Mindi laughed and shook her head.

   "I hate to crash everyone but I have to go get my kids ready for bed, you are more than welcome to stay and talk with Daniel" said Mindi. "We are gonna go but thank you so much for having us, it was fun said" Lydia and her husband.

"Us too, we have a busy schedule tomorrow, we had a good time" said Joni and her husband. "We are going to it's getting late and Ivan cant drive well at night" said Tess.

   Mindi hugged them all as they left. Mindi and Tess hugged for the first time after what had between them, when they hugged Tess slipped something down Mindi's back pocket. She whispered "thanks for a late dinner" Mindi pulled out what Tess put in her pocket and it was money, now Mindi had to take it. "Damn it Tess" Mindi said. They both laughed. "I told you I would pay you back" Tess said.

  Everyone had left and Mindi and Daniel went inside and had agreed to clean up tomorrow and go to bed themselves after getting the kids ready for bed. When Mindi and Daniel went downstairs to the little kids rooms they were all in their pjs, in their beds and half asleep. Mindi and Daniel gave them all kisses and went to bed themselves.

    That's it for chapter 7!!! Thank you for reading this far! This was one of my favorite chapters to write, I feel it was very sweet and talks about the kids more and not just the adults all the time. Hope you liked it! Chapter 8 should be out soon I'm working on it. 🙃