Chapter 5: A Week After The Dance

We now know that the dance was a success, well sorta. Some crazy things happened before the dance and during the dance between the 5. Everyone now knows what happened between Mindi and Tess. They now know that Lindsey and Lydia have something going on as well. But what about Joni?
What will happen next?

   It's the next week after the dance. All the kids seemed to have had a great time. "Good morning Lindsey, I brought you an iced coffee from McDonald's" said Mindi. "This is weird but thank you" Lindsey replied. "Why is it weird?" asked Mindi.

    "Because your cheerful and I know you're definitely not a morning person" Lindsey replied "wait.... you and Tess didn't... again did you?!"
"What! No, I'm just in a surprisingly good mood this morning, have a great day!" Mindi replied as she went to her office.

As the day went on, a student came down to Mindi's office wondering if could talk to her about something. "Hi I was wondering if I could talk to you about something" said the student. "Of course sweetie that's what I'm here for, come on in and have a seat and shut the door behind you" Mindi replied and smiled at the girl.

"What's your name hun?" Mindi asked the girl. "Carina, Carina Elum" she replied. "Well Carina what's going on?" Mindi asked her. "I'm just having a rougher day today than I usually do" said Carina.

    "Do you think it's stress, sadness, depression, boredom, something happening at home?" Mindi asked her. "What no nothing is happening at home"Carina said quickly. "Okay, but you know if there is you can talk to me about it, anything we talk about stays between us" Mindi said.

"Here I wanna give you something" Mindi opens her draw and hands Carina a pink journal book. "Everyday I want you to write down how you feel or how your day was, there are also activities to help with your mental health in the book" said Mindi.

    "Thank you Mrs. Spencer-Romano" Carina said. "You're welcome, oh and here are some stickers and cool pens for to use in your journal, and here are some fidgets that will really help you, my daughter uses them as well" Mindi said.

"Milly right?" asked Carina. "Yes, are you friends with her?" Mindi asked her. "Not really, I've only talked to her a couple of times but she seems pretty nice and she has a lot of friends" Carina replied.

   "She's is very nice, if you want I could help you talk to her" Mindi said. "Sure that would be cool, thanks" Carina replied. "You're welcome sweetie" Mindi said as Carina went back to class.

Around lunch time Mindi thought it would be a good idea to go out in the cafeteria to look for Milly and Carina. She found Carina eating lunch by herself but didn't know why, she was a very nice and friendly girl surely she had some friends. She walked over and sat down beside Carina.

  "Hey Carina is your day going better?" Mindi asked her. "Oh hi Mrs. Spencer-Romano it's going a little better" Carina replied. "Why are you sitting by yourself?" Mindi asked. "Oh I don't really have anyone else to sit with" Carina replied. "Okay give me one second I'll be right back" Mindi said. Mindi walked over to the table that her daughter and her friends were sitting at.

"Milly come here a second please" Mindi said. "What's wrong mom" Milly said worriedly. "I would like for you to make room at your table for Carina over there, she has nobody else to sit with" Mindi said. "Okay sure mom" Milly smiled as she told her friends to make room at their table. Mindi motioned Carina over to come over and sit at Milly's table.

Carina sat down. "Guys this is Carina I want you guys to be nice to her and let her sit here for now on alright?" Mindi said to the kids. "Okay mom" Milly replied. Mindi smiled walked back to her office.

   A few minutes she decided to peek out of the office and see how things were going at lunch. Things were doing great, they were all talking and including Carina in their conversations.

As Mindi went to go back in her office she looked up at the walkway and seen Tess. They made eye contact before waving at each other and half smiling. Mindi decided to walk up there and talk to her.

"H-Hey" Mindi said to Tess. "H-Hi" Tess replied. "How's your day going?" Mindi asked. "It's going pretty good, yours?" replied Tess. "That's good mine has been pretty good as well" Mindi replied. "That's great" Tess smiled. "Hey quick question, do you have a girl named Carina Elum in your class?" Mindi asked. "Yeah, why?" Tess asked.

"Does she sit with anyone in your class?" Mindi asked. "Now that I think of it I don't think she does"Tess replied. "Well I went to the cafeteria and she was sitting by herself so I made Milly make room for her at their table" Mindi said. "That was nice of you" Tess smiled at Mindi.

    They continued talking in the Hal until the bell rang. "Oh my did we really talk that long?" Tess said as they both laughed. "I guess so haha, see ya later?" said Mindi. "Of course" Tess said. They both smiled and walked away.

     "Hey do you wanna go upstairs to the teachers lounge and get these papers from the printer with me?" Lindsey asked as she popped into Mindi's office. "Sure I have nothing better to do" Mindi replied. They walked up stairs and got the papers. "What are these papers for?" Mindi asked. "Parent teacher conferences" Lindsey replied. 

     "Well would you look who it is" Lydia said as she entered the teachers lounge seeing the two. Soon walking in came both Joni and Tess. "Jeez you guys really are everywhere we are" Joni said jokingly. "Funny" Mindi said as they all walked out of the room and down the hallway.

    "Omg did you guys just see that?!" Lydia said. "See what?" asked Tess. "I just seen two people go in the auditorium" Lydia said. They all looked at each other and raced down the stairs and quietly into the auditorium to check it out. When they got in there it was pitch dark so they all took our their phones and turned on their flashlights.

     "I don't even see anyone" Mindi whispered. "Me either" said Lindsey. "Lydia was probably just seeing stuff" Joni said. They kept walking. "Wait, do you guys hear that?" Lindsey asked. "Yeah what is that" Joni replied.

     As they got closer to where the noise was coming from they could hear it get louder and more clear. They all stopped and looked at each other before looking through the crack of the door. "Omg is that" said Lindsey. "Adam and Lana!" Lydia yelled.

     They all ran out of the auditorium laughing so hard that they were almost in tears. In the auditorium seriously haha Mindi said. They all kept laughing. "You know guys, I really do love our friendship" Lydia said. Everyone looked at each other and smiled.

That's it for Chapter 5!!! This was really hard to write I couldn't think of absolutely anything to write. But I do have some ideas for the next chapter. 🙃