Chapter 12: A Scare

*Trigger Warning close to the end*

     They both went back to finish the game. "Alright who's ready to loose" Mindi said to Lindsey's team. "We still have a chance of kicking your asses" Lindsey said. "We'll just have to see" Mindi said.

    It was Lindsey's teams ball so they checked. Lindsey started dribbling down the court. She passed the ball to Amos then Amos passed it right back to her and she shot and scored. "Woah!!" Lindsey yelled. "Now we're tied, who shall win the last point" said Tess.

    "Probably us" Mindi said. "They checked for the last time and it was Mindi's teams ball. Mindi started to dribble down the court then passed the ball to Joni. Joni then passed it to Lydia and Lydia passed it back to Mindi. Mindi shot and..........

    Scored the last and winning point! "Yeah!!!" Mindi yelled. Mindi, Joni and Lydia all high fived each other. "Good game guys" Lindsey said sarcastically. "Yes good game guys but I've gotta go, Milly's boyfriend and his parents are coming over for dinner" said Mindi. Mindi grabbed her bag and left.

   Mindi arrived home and took a quick shower before Jonah and his parents arrived. Daniel had already started dinner. "Hey honey, that smells amazing" Mindi said kissing Daniel. "Thanks honey" he said kissing her back. Milly then came down and helped Mindi set the table. By that time Jonah and his parents had arrived.

     "Hey isn't this Mindi's house?" Ivan asked Tess.
"Yes it is, Jonah are you dating Milly Romano?" Tess asked him. "Yeah she's amazing" he replied. "You're just now saying something?" Tess said to him.
"I didn't know you guys knew her parents" said Jonah.

   Tess's heart sank knowing that the last time she was at Mindi's house was the bonfire. They got to the door and rang the doorbell. Milly answered the door. "Tess... you're Jonah's mom?!" Milly said. "Yes and I didn't know you guys were dating until just earlier" said Tess. "Come in" Milly said guiding them to the dinning room.

    "Mom Dad, Jonah and his parents are here" said Milly. "Tess... Ivan, you guys are Jonah's parents?!" Mindi said. "I had no idea that Jonah was dating Milly until we got here, he didn't tell us" Tess replied. Mindi and Tess just looked at each other.

    "Ivan nice to see you again man" Daniel said. "Nice to see you too man, it's been a while" Ivan said. They all sat down and began eating dinner. "So Jonah I see you've been dating my daughter" said Daniel. "Yes sir I have, she's a very lovely girl and I like her very much" said Jonah.

    "That's good, I hope you treat her well" said Daniel. "Oh I will sir" said Jonah. They kept eating and carrying on conversations. "I made dessert, Tess would you like to help me out" said Mindi. Tess and Mindi walked into the kitchen.

"You didn't tell me you were Jonah's mom" Mindi whispered to her. "Actually I did, the dance when we got locked out and had to sit in your car and it was really cold" Tess whispered back. "Oh yeah, I forgot about that?" Mindi whispered. "Just act cool and act like we haven't fucked 30 times before" Tess whispered back sarcastically.

Mindi just smacked her arm. "It's not funny Tess" Mindi whispered. "I know, but seriously just play it cool" Tess whispered back. Mindi grabbed the cake out of the fridge, and they went back to the table. "I made a strawberry cake" Mindi said as she sat the cake down on the table.

She started cutting everyone a slice and handed it to them. They ate cake and kept talking about school and just life in general. "Well we should get going it's getting late" Tess said. "Yes, thank you for dinner and the cake was amazing Mindi" said Ivan. "Thanks for coming and nice meeting you Jonah" said Daniel.

   After they left Mindi started cleaning up the kitchen. "Need help honey?" Daniel asked her. "No that's okay, you made dinner so I'll clean up honey" she replied. Milly walked in the kitchen. "So mom what do you think of Jonah?" Milly asked her. "I think he's a nice boy for you, I didn't know that Tess was his mom though" Mindi replied.