Chapter 11: A Game

It has been a few days after Mindi punched Carina's father, her knuckles were still very bruised and sore. Carina's fathers nose was definitely broke. Lannie also left and went back home.

   Mindi didn't have anything so she decided to go up to Joni's room, she figured Tess would be in there too since neither had a class at the time and they're literal best friends.

     "Hey guys" Mindi said to them. "Hey Mindi" said Tess. "Hey Mind" said Joni. "What are you guys doing?" Mindi asked. "Well Joni wants to organize her desk so I'm trying to help her" Tess replied. "I'm good at organizing, I can help if you want" Mindi said. "Are you sure cause it's really bad" Tess laughed.

"Hey!" Joni laughed. "Let me look" said Mindi. "Look in this drawer" Joni said as she pulled out a drawer filled with a bunch of random things. Mindi's eyes widened, "it's not too bad"... Mindi said. "Mindi don't you know you're not supposed to lie" said Tess jokingly. Mindi and Tess started laughing.

  "Real funny guys, just get out of here if you aren't gonna help me" said Joni. "Ah come on Joni we were just kidding" said Mindi. "Yeah yeah" Joni said. "Really we were Jon" said Tess. They were all laughing until Lydia walked in.

"Hey guys, have any of you ever played basketball?" Lydia asked. "I have" said Mindi and Joni. "I have too but I'm not very good at it" said Tess. "Lindsey has also played" said Mindi. "Great, I've got an idea" Lydia said to all of them. "Oh no Joni said jokingly.

"No no it's a good idea, why don't we all play a basketball game for fun tomorrow in the gym after school" said Lydia. "That actually sounds really fun" said Mindi. "Yeah, I'll play" said Joni. "We are gonna need one more person to play or the teams won't be even" said Tess. "I know someone" said Joni.

"Who?" Lydia asked. "Amos, she's played basketball before" said Joni. "Great! tell her we're playing tomorrow after school in the gym, everyone be prepared for tomorrow" said Lydia before she left. "Well this should be fun" said Tess. "Who is Amos?" Mindi asked. "Joni's ex-lover" Tess joked. "She is not my ex-lover, we did a few times and are in fact still friends" Joni laughed.

Later on in the day Mindi and Joni were shooting basketball in the gym during their lunch. "You're pretty good, I definitely want you on my team tomorrow" Mindi said. "You're really good too so I'll gladly be on you're team" Joni replied. They kept shooting a little bit longer but still having enough time to eat lunch.

It's now later after school and the Romano's are eating dinner. "So anything new with anyone?" asked Daniel. "I have a boyfriend now, his name is Jonah" said Milly. "How long have you been dating this Jonah?" Daniel asked. "About 2 weeks" Milly replied. "And this is the first we're hearing about him?" said Mindi. "Well we wanted to see if it would work out first" Milly replied.

"I'd like for you to invite him and his parents over for dinner tomorrow night" Daniel said. "Oh uhm o-okay" said Milly. Mindi could tell something was off. They all finished eating dinner and Daniel decided he would clean up the kitchen tonight and let Mindi relax since she made dinner.

Mindi was upstairs in her room cleaning it when Jaini yelled for her to come in her room quick. Mindi ran into her room. "Whats wrong?!" Mindi shouted. "Look" Jaini said pointing out her window at a man standing there staring up at Jaini. "Jaini honey how long have you seen that man outside your window?" Mindi asked her.

"I don't know, sometimes he's there and sometimes he's not" she replied. "I want you to stay away from the window okay" Mindi told her. Mindi ran down the stairs and into Milly's room. "Milly you haven't seen a man standing outside your window have you?" Mindi asked her.