Chapter 4: A Dance

We now know that Mindi has met two more staff members, Lydia and Joni. Mindi and Tess finally talked but it didn't really change things. Mindi told Lindsey how Tess made her feel. Mindi and Lindsey are planning a school dance for the students and Lydia, Joni, and Tess decided to help them plan and decorate. Afterwards they all went out to dinner where Mindi set Tess straight and told her to leave her alone.
What will happen next?

    Today was the day of the disco themed school dance. It started at 7 and it was currently 4:30. Milly and Anne still had to put on their dresses, do their makeup, and curl their hair. Mindi also had to finish getting ready.

    "Mom, Anne is here" said Milly. "Hi Anne how are you dear" asked Mindi. "I'm good, thank you again for planning this dance for us, it's gonna be so fun"Anne replied. "You're welcome" Mindi smiled. "Alright girls go ahead and get dressed, Lindsey and Lydia will be here soon to help you get ready" said Mindi.

    As the girls got their dresses on, Lindsey and Lydia arrived to help the girls do their hair and makeup. "Woah you both look amazing" Mindi said to Lindsey and Lydia. "Awe thank you so do you" they replied. "Come in, honey this is Lydia" Mindi said. "Hi Lydia, I'm Daniel Mindi's husband nice to meet you" said Daniel. "Hi Daniel nice to meet you too" Lydia said. They all smiled.

  "Okay Lindsey can you do Milly's makeup while I do her hair and Lydia can you do Anne's hair please" asked Mindi. "Of course!" they both replied. "Thank you so much" said Mindi.

   They all finished getting ready and did their final looks. "You look absolutely beautiful Mil" Daniel said to Milly. "Thank you Dad" Milly replied. "So do you honey" Daniel said to Mindi as he kissed her cheek. "Thank you honey" Mindi replied.

  "Well we better get going, we don't wanna be late" said Lindsey. Everyone walked out the door, got in their cars and headed to the dance.

When they arrived, Milly and Anne's other friends were standing there waiting for them so they could all walk in together. "Have a good time I'll be in, in just a minute" Mindi said to Milly. "Okay mom" Milly waved at her and walked in with her friends.

   Mindi, Lydia and Lindsey walked in and met up with Joni and Tess. They all complemented each other. "Let's dance" suggested Lindsey. They all went out to the dance floor to dance with some of the other teachers.

After dancing some, they went to the Photo Booth to take pictures of the memories they made tonight. "Hey where did Mindi go?" asked Joni. "Oh I think she went to the bathroom I'll go check on her" said Lydia. "Hey are you okay?" Lydia asked Mindi.

   "Yeah I'm great it's just really hot out there and cold in here" Mindi replied. "It is really cold in here, but are you sure you're okay because you've been acting kinda strange for the last past couple of days" Lydia said.

"Yeah I'm sure" Mindi smiled. "Can I ask you something?" Lydia said. "I guess so" replied Mindi. "Is there something going on between you and Tess" she asked. "Something l-like what?" Mindi asked panicked like. "I don't know things just seem a little strange between the two of you" Lydia replied.

   "I-I don't know what your going on about there is nothing going on between us, noth-thing, noo-thing"Mindi said as she nervously laughed. "Oh yeah there is definitely something going on between you two" Lydia said. "Look, all I can say is that a terrible thing happened between us, twice actually the first time by accident, the second time was not an accident" Mindi said.

"Oh I think I know what happened between you two" Lydia laughed. "Why are you laughing it's really not funny Lydia" said Mindi as she couldn't help laughing herself. "Talk about making a first impression" Lydia said. Mindi playfully smacked Lydia which made them both burst out laughing.