Chapter 25: A Happy Day

It was the next morning and Tessie had slept through the whole night. Mindi thought it would be a great idea to walk in Tessie to school today and surprise everyone with her since she hadn't told anyone that she got her yet.

"Everyone is going to be surprised honey" said Mindi. "I know honey, I wish could be there to see their reactions" said Daniel. They both smiled then Daniel kissed her forehead.

"Milly are you ready?!" Mindi yelled. Milly walked in still trying to put on her shoes. "I'm literally ready" said Milly. "Okay let's go" Mindi said before giving all the younger kids hugs and kisses then Daniel a kiss and her and Milly got in her car and left.

They arrived at the school and Mindi wasn't used to bringing a baby to school or caring for a baby. "Hey Mil can you carry her diaper bag?" Mindi asked her. "Yeah" Milly said. They got inside the school and to Mindi's office. "Do you want to come with me to show everyone Tessie?" Mindi asked Milly. "Sure" Milly said.

"Okay here is the plan, we will show Noni(Lindsey) first since she's closest" said Mindi. "Okay" Milly said. They sat down their school stuff in Mindi's office for now and Mindi carried Tessie in her arms while Milly carried her car seat.

They walked into Lindsey's office first. "Good morning" Mindi and Milly said to Lindsey. Lindsey looked up and immediately started happy crying and got up from her desk and came over to Mindi holding Tessie. "She's so beautiful" Lindsey said with happy tears in her eyes. "Wanna hold her?" Mindi asked her. "Of course" Lindsey said. Mindi handed Tessie to Lindsey.

Lindsey took the time to admire her. "How did you, when did you go get her?" Lindsey asked. "Yesterday when Milly told you guys that I was taking the day off to 'get things ready for the baby' we really went to go pick her up" said Mindi. "That was such a good lie" said Lindsey. They laughed.

"So what is her name?" Lindsey asked. "Tessie Lynn Romano" said Mindi. "Awe Mindi that's beautiful" Lindsey said then started to ugly, happy cry again. Lindsey then side hugged Milly then kissed her head. "I already love her so much" said Lindsey. "Us too" said Mindi.

"We are going to go show her to the others, wanna go with us?" Mindi asked her. "I would but I have some work to catch up on that I've been avoiding" said Lindsey. "Okay" Mindi said reaching her arms out for Lindsey to hand her back Tessie. "Uhm Lindsey, I kinda need the baby" Mindi laughed. "I just don't want to give her up she's so precious" Lindsey laughed then handed Mindi Tessie.

"See you later" Mindi said. "Bye Noni" said Milly. "Bye guys love you" said Lindsey. Mindi and Milly got on the elevator and went to Lydia's room since it was closer off of the elevator. They walked in the same way they did to Lindsey's. "Good morning" Mindi and Milly both said.

Lydia was trying to get her smart board to work, she turned around and had the biggest smile on her face. "Oh. My. Goodness." Lydia said then walking over to them. "We went and picked her up yesterday" Mindi said. "How did you do that when you were at home getting stuff ready for her?" Lydia asked.

Milly just looked at her then laughed. "Oh that was a lie, a good lie, you actually went to pick her up didn't you?" Lydia laughed. "Yes" Mindi laughed. Lydia laughed back. "Do you wanna hold her?" Mindi asked her. "Yesss" Lydia said. Mindi handed her Tessie.

"She's so beautiful, what's her name?" Lydia asked. "Tessie Lynn Romano" said Milly. "Awe that's so pretty, do you like being a big sister again?" Lydia asked Milly. "Yes I love it, I wish my mom would have like 70 more kids" Milly said. "Oh jeez, I think this is my last kid" Mindi laughed. "You said that about Vada and look at you now" Milly laughed. They all started laughing.