CHAPTER 4

Coriolanus woke up alone in the training center. About 45 minutes after Marietta had knocked him out. It was 9:30 and 30 minutes until the dance was over. He stood up and went to find the nearest bathroom to check himself. He was fine. All he had to touch up was his hair and his bleeding lip.

He walked out of the bathroom and found Marietta talking with other girls at a table. He was shocked really. He was a tad bit angry. She just left him to be alone while she chatted with the rest of the students? The only reason she is getting recognition is because of him. If he never asked her to the dance she would be sitting by herself now. She noticed his arrival and smiled at him motioning for him to come over. Remembering to play the part, he smiled as he walked towards them.

(M): There you are. I was just telling the girls how you were out finishing something up for Dean Highbottom.
(C): Yes, well that left me exhausted. I'm ready to leave if you are.

The girls whined about how to was too early for them to leave but Marietta only smiled.

(M): Relax you'll see me tomorrow. Have a good night.

She took Coriolanus's arm and walked out the gym.

(C): You should be thanking me you know. The only reason you have friends is because of me. I could dump you right now and you'd be the laughing stock for the rest of the semester.
(M): I could tell my parents that you were the reason Sejanus got killed and you'd be removed from the University.

He had gotten quiet there.

(M): We both have things on each other so we just have to play our cards right. And knocking you out was what you needed.
(C): How long was I out for?
(M): About 45 minutes. I had to come up with something quick when everyone kept asking where you were. And damn you! That's two promises you broke.
(C): I'm sorry Mari-
(M): Save it. You're not sorry. Don't lie again.

He walked her out to the car and they had gotten in. The ride was quiet and short which was just what Marietta needed.

She opened her own door when Coriolanus came over to do it for her.

(M): I don't need you doing things for me.
(C): I was only trying to help.
(M): Well that's a first.
(C): C'mon Marietta. You picked the worst time to get mad at me.
(M): I'm not just mad. But don't worry, I'll still play my little role as your stupid girlfriend. I can change my expression quickly.

They walked inside the building and her mother greeted them. Marietta put a smile on her face and hugged her mom.

(M): How was it?
(C): It was delightful your daughter looked amazing out there.
(M): Oh stop it.

She chuckled and the only thing Coriolanus thought was that she was right. It was as if someone just told her she won the lottery because she acted as if her boyfriend wasn't the reason her brother is dead.

Coriolanus kiss her hand and wished her goodnight. Marietta smiled at him and managed to keep it on the whole time her mother was talking to her until she made it to her room. She took off her dress and heels, wiped off her makeup, and pinned her hair up. She took a shower and changed into pajamas. She cracked her window open to let a breeze in. Not long after her butterfly flew back in her room and she caught it and put it back in its terrarium.

As Marietta was drawing she has gotten a call. Her telephone sat on a desk in her room. She picked it up.

(M): Hello?
(C): It's Coryo Mari.
(M): Goodbye.
(C): Please just one second. I just want confirm that we aren't going to tell anyone right? About, you know?
(M): No Coriolanus we aren't. Your secret is safe with me. And Aiden.
(C): What do you mean Aiden?
(M): He was the one that told me what happened. His aunt works as a Capitol scientist and overheard their conversation. He told Teressa.

Coriolanus sighed. He knew that if Teressa knew, by tomorrow evening half the school would know too. He couldn't let this rumor go around.

(C): Marietta please, you have to stop her from telling everyone. I can't have this going around.
(M): But why should I? You killed my brother. I don't have to do anything for you.
(C): Look what do you want? Money?
(M): I have more money than you I think I'm good.
(C): Look Mari if you do this for me then that means I owe you. Whatever you want or need I will do it. I'm begging you please just help me out this once. Then I will never ask for another favor again.
(M): That's probably a lie but fine. Just this once.
(C): Thank you so much. I owe you.
(M): Yeah, big time.

She hung up then dialed Teressa's number. She picked up.

(T): Hello?
(M): Hey Titi. How much do you know about Coriolanus having to do with my brother's death?
(T): Well Aiden told me the full story about how he pressed the button and all of that.
(M): Yeah, did you tell anyone else?
(T): Just you from now on.
(M): Can it stay that way? Please? My family won't take it lightly and it will crush my mother's spirit if the word gets out. Promise me you won't tell anyone else.
(T): I promise.
(M): Thank you. Goodnight.
(T): Goodnight.

Marietta hung up and called Coriolanus back. He answered.

(C): Did you do it?
(M): Yes.
(C): Thank you Mari. Really thank you.
(M): Your welcome. Now I need to get to sleep.
(C): Alright. Have a goodnight.
(M): You the same.

Marietta hung up. Before she went to bed she had gotten an ice pack from the freezer to press on her ribs. When she lifted her shirt up she saw a bruise turn what her once was pale skin to purple. She pressed it against the bruise for about 15 minutes then put it back and went to bed.