CHAPTER 3

The next morning school went fast. Any class that had gym didn't go because of the dance that was happening later on. It started at 7 and ended at 10. Teressa had gotten a blue mini dress and was going with her boyfriend, Aiden. They were matching blue.

(T): I heard you're going with Coryo. Is that true?
(M): First off, don't call him that. Second off it's not even like a date. He'd just say he'd go with me. But he never officially asked me to go. It's just a friendly thing.
(T): Yeah sure. Marietta how can't you see? You were the only one he asked. He wanted you to go so bad that he said he'd go with you. That's your date.
(M): Whatever.

Marietta rolled her eyes and Teressa kept on filling her ears with unwanted gossip.

***

Later on Marietta had to get ready. She had to wash and re-curl her hair. It ended up how she wanted.

She gotten into her dress and applied red lipstick

She gotten into her dress and applied red lipstick. She had gotten a black blazer to go with her dress. She put her heels on and sprayed perfume. She was ready.

The doorbell rang.

(M): Marietta it's for you!

Marietta rolled her eyes. She knew her mother called the Snow family and asked if Coriolanus was coming to pick her up. She walked out and there he was. His hair re-curled and he was wearing an all white tux. He had a red rose pinned to his suit to match with her dress. Her mother obviously talked to him.

Coriolanus saw her and smiled. He took her hand and kissed it.

(C): You look amazing.
(M): You look nice yourself.

He gave her his arm.

(C): Shall we?
(M): We shall.

She smiled at her mother.

(M): Have fun you two!
(M): We will Ma.

They walked out of their house and her smile quickly faded. Their driver pulled up and Coriolanus opened the door for her. She smiled and got in the car. He did the same and closed the door. The ride was quiet as a start. They didn't know what to say to each other.

(M): So I suppose my mother talked to you last night?
(C): Indeed she did. She said you were "Very excited about me taking you to the dance" and about how I was "all you could ever talk about."

He chuckled.

(M): I only mentioned your name once and now your all I could ever talk about? Crazy.
(C): But be honest, you had to be happy to come with me. You were denying everyone until I said I'd go with you.
(M): Not true. I only finally went because that was the thousandth time someone told me I should go and I was tired. And what's bad about a little company.
(C): Yes, well I just want to thank you.
(M): For what?
(C): Your the only one who believes that I wasn't the reason Sejanus was hanged. He committed treason. He put that on himself.
(M): Yes I know. Sejanus was always softer than most. That was his weakness.
(C): I'm just glad we're alright. You're the only real friend I have now.
(M): You the same. My mother was talking about us. What we were before.
(C): Yes she mentioned that on the phone too. I sometimes miss it. Miss us sometimes.
(M): Coryo we can't-
(C): I know, I know we can't do it again. I'm sorry for what I put you through. I just miss it sometimes. How we would hang out at your house everyday. You're the only person who ever really understood me. I won't forget what you've done for me Mari.