CHAPTER 5

(M): Uh oh we have a problem.

Marietta found him walking up the University steps.

(C): What's the matter?

They locked arms as they walked inside.

(M): Teressa lied. She told people.
(C): How many people did she tell?
(M): Lucy, Brooklyn, and Bridgette.
(C): Bridgette?!

He shouted and his voice echoed throughout the hall.

(M): Shhh. Calm yourself. Good news is she only told them it's a rumor. They only think that you snitched on him. They don't know the full story.
(C): It could still ruin my image.
(M): Why do you care of what people think of you?
(C): Because I'm a Snow! We're supposed to be liked.
(M): Um ouch.
(C): You know I didn't mean it like that Mari.
(M): Yes I know.

Bridgette walked passed them and glared at her. Marietta put on a sarcastic smile.

(C): Okay I know this might sound crazy but we need to kiss more often. That's the only way she thought we were dating.
(M): Ugh. I guess you're right.
(C): It won't be that bad. Just think back onto when you were madly inlove with me.

Coryo smiles and Marietta rolls her eyes.

(M): Yeah such happy memories.
(C): Try Mari.
(M): Alright. But only for the public. Alone, nothing.
(C): Alright.

He walked her to class and they kissed occasionally. In the middle of class the loud speaker came on and Marietta was told to go to the principal's office. Now she didn't do anything wrong, her father just wanted to be extra. He sat in the principal's chair waiting for her arrival.

She walked in and stood the way she did on the night they last talked to each other.

(M): Father.
(S): Marietta. Have a seat.

She took the seat across from him.

(M): To what do I owe this pleasure?
(S): I heard you're going out with Coryo.
(M): Something like that.
(S): I dont want you dating him anymore.
(M): Why what does it matter to you?
(S): He's like your brother now Marietta-
(M): Don't call him that. Coryo didn't replace Sejanus. He was just..his best friend. You know that, that's how you got him here! He's not my brother. Sejanus was my brother. Don't forget about your own son so fast.
(S): My own dead son.
(M): What do you want dad? Don't tell me you pulled me out of class just to talk about this nonsense.
(S): I'm serious Marietta. He's part of the family now. That'd be like dating your own  brother. I don't want to hear one more word about this do you understand?
(M): I can't believe you.

She stood up and walked back to class. Her dad got on her nerves so much she wished he'd switch places with Sejanus. That just made her miss him more. Her poor brother.

After class she ignored Coriolanus. She didn't want to, but the way her father viewed him made her angry. She just couldn't look at him without saying something that would probably start rumors around the school. So she made sure she came in no contact with him in between classes.

He looked for her but had no luck finding her. He ended up getting distracted by his classes anyway.

***

Valorie. Her new friend she met at the dance. Dark glowing skin with braided hair. Dark brown eyes and pink plump lips. Valorie, Teressa, and her walked through out the halls. They had just come from lunch.

(V): There goes Coryo.

He turnt the corner and spotted the three; beginning to walk towards them. Marietta panicked.