CHAPTER 10

Marietta walked back to the motel with a smile on her face that she soon discarded as she walked into the room.

(M): Good news.

She sat on the edge of the bed kicking off her boots as she sat down. Coriolanus was in the bathroom touching up his hair.

(M): The people are getting together to hold a secret dance tonight at the Hob. It's a one time thing sense music is banned by that peacekeeper now. I thought we'd go.
(C): Hosting a secret party? What if we get caught?
(M): There have many things you've done that are wrong but you at one time did not think about getting caught. C'mon Coryo it will be fun.
(C): We don't even have anything to wear.
(M): I know you have a decent shirt and pants to wear. I brought my dress.
(C): From the University dance?
(M): Mhm.

She opened her bag and layed it out on the bed. Coriolanus chuckled.

(C): It's like you planned for everything.
(M): Could never go un-prepared. Plus it's too pretty not to pack.

***

The dance starts at 7. At 6:30 Marietta is putting the finishing touches on her outfit. She applied red lipstick and put own gold earrings. This outfit sure to make people stare. As regular girls from 12 would wear a plain dress or a dress good enough to make a boy pass one glance. But this, this dress were to make boys stare. They'd know her not to be from here.

Coriolanus had put on a white shirt and wore a pear of black pants he were to wash and wear the next day again.

They made there way to the Hob. They knocked and were let inside. Lively music filled up the room. It made Coriolanus's heart drop a bit. His eyes scanned the room. A women in a dress along side a few other men and women played up on a stage.

Not the Covey.

He thought to himself and called down. Everyone looked to see who had walked in. Most eyes were either on Marietta or on their partner, dancing. Marietta saw Roman dancing with Lilly Rose. Her hair up in a ponytail and a blue dress on. Roman spun her in the air before looking in Marietta and Coryo's direction. He inaudibly talked to Lilly Rose and she walked off. He made his way over to them.

Marietta smiled and Coriolanus grim.

(R): My my my. Look what the wind blew in. You look stunning Marietta.
(M): You don't look to bad yourself Roman.

They smiled at each other until Roman meet eyes with Coriolanus.

(R): I'm Roman.
(C): Coriolanus.
(R): Oh I know who you are. Everyone does.

That made Coriolanus straighten and his eyes bounced around the room. Some people were staring. Coriolanus gulped and Marietta cleared her throat.

(M): Roman you should get back to Lily Rose.

Roman kept staring at Coriolanus as if he was going to punch him if he opens his mouth again.

(M): Roman.

Marietta spoke more firmly and Roman looked at her and nodded. He turnt around to dance with his girl again. Coriolanus looked at Marietta.

(C): I've seen him before.
(M): He used to attend the Academy. Cheated on his test and gotten sent here to work the mines.
(C): He looked at me as if he wished he bought a gun to shoot me with. Not the way you greet someone.
(M): We had a little something going on until I fell In love with you and broke his heart. He's not all past that yet I assume.

Coriolanus nodded. Marietta took his hand.

(M): Shall we dance?

Marietta swayed a little so her dress would follow. Coriolanus grinned.