Ch 36: No Love

Arthur pov:

Ryker and I decided to take Oliver and Lyla on a double date. We drove our separate cars, happily, and ended up at a very fancy restaurant. Getting out of my car I opened the door for Oliver to get out, receiving a kiss on the cheek.

"You look very nice tonight, Cheri." I flushed at his words and kiss his cheek in return. Looking over I see my brother offer a hand out to Lyla for her to get out of the car.

He wore an all black suit with some buttons undone and a silver necklace on. I wore a white suit with a black tie. Lyla wore a nice silky red dress that I helped Ryker pick out for her as a gift. Oliver wore a dark green suit and a black button up with a matching tie.

We're all dressed up to have a nice night out. Going up to the valets we hand our keys over and head inside. I made sure to reserve the table for us all, can't trust Ryker to do that. Going up to the hostess I give the name and see her smile as she leads us to the table.

Ryker gets Lyla's chair for her and Oliver does the same for me. We all sit and look over the drink menu. Knowing the place well, having connections, and lots of money meant we could get away with a lot here. I ordered a bottle of wine for the table, knowing they wouldn't card if we got an expensive enough one.

A male waiter came out and poured us all a glass and left the bottle to continue to drink from. We fell into idle chatter, talking about school and other things going on in our lives. I could tell my brother was on his best behavior, ever since Lyla came around he's been less reckless and more stable.

I could tell by the look in his eyes that he loved her, more than that really, he adored her. He looked at her as if she was the sun itself. My attention is pulled when Oliver reaches over and takes my hand into his, a small smile on his lips.

"Thank you for tonight. I'm happy to have you in my life, Mon Coeur." He lifted my hand and pressed a kiss to it. I smiled and squeezed his hand gently.

I had always dreamed of being with him, years of pining and wishing to have him as mine came true. I feel lucky everyday to be with him, the love and care he showed made my heart flutter. In all honesty I could stand to be more showing of my love for him, I feel as though I've become consumed by my father's image.

She doesn't pressure me to be like her or to become as obsessed with work and missions but I can't help it. I enjoyed the work and loved following in her footsteps. Perhaps I should lessen it though, not be so obsessed with it. I'm so focused on it I'm not looking around to appreciate what I have or what I love.

Like Oliver. He's the best boyfriend I could ask for, kind, caring, charming, and deeply in love with me. I don't have many friends but that's not really a huge importance to me. My sister and brother are though. Athena is annoying and scary but she's always there to be a nice distraction when I'm depressed or hurting.

Ryker on the other hand is my twin. The only person who can understand me as well as I understand myself. I love him dearly. I couldn't imagine not having him in my life, he's all I've ever known besides my parents and sister. Even if we fight we still have a bond and trust that no one can compare to.

"Your mind is heavy, care to share?" Oliver asked me. I smiled and shook my head, holding his hand tighter.

"No, it's nothing. Let's enjoy the night." I raised my glass up. He did the same and so did the other two.

"To being young and in love." Ryker smiled and spoke louder than needed. Oliver and Lyla laughed while I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Here here!" We all agreed with him, clinking our glasses together in a toast.