Ch 30: Connection

Amilia pov:

It was late and I was up working in my office. A knock on the door pulled my attention to it, looking at the clock I saw it read 1 am. I call for them to come in and see Artemis come inside with a smile and two wine glasses.

"I had a feeling you were still up, Mon Cheri." She chuckled and moved closer to the desk. I sighed and sat back, pushing my papers aside.

"Work is never over." I said sarcastically. She laughed and set the glasses down. Opening the wine she poured us both a glass and sat in the chair in front of the desk.

"Sometimes, it must be." She took a sip and moved her eyes around the room.

"You're right. Anyway, what brings you here?" I take the glass and savor the taste of the sweet wine.

"To be honest, you. I have something uncomfortable to discuss." She sat forward more and looked a little embarrassed.

"Go on?" I stared at her curiously and accepted the awkward conversation soon to come.

"Well, Azrael has requested that I sleep with you. I find this interesting but I wish to do no such thing. I don't think she's in her right state of mind. So I came to see what you had to say." She kept eye contact with me and drank from her glass, and an awkward smile on her face.

"Oh god, yeah I know about that. She told me a few days ago that I should 'seek other lovers'. I'm not really interested in the idea right now."

"I had a feeling. I think she just wants you to enjoy yourself considering how little time she has spent with you." She chuckled lightly.

"I'm aware. It's not that I haven't thought about it or wouldn't consider it, I just want to sleep with Azrael first. I miss her and her touch."

"I know Cheri but it's nice to hear that I'm not ugly." I snorted a laugh and rolled my eyes.

"Trust me, you're not. I just prefer Azrael to be the first person I sleep with for the first time in over a year." She waved me off with a kind smile, one that she often wore.

"Do not worry, I take no offense. I'm sure she's just worried in her own way. Why don't you and I do something else to help you relieve stress." She offered to me. I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

"What do you have in mind?"

_______________

"When someone says that they have another way to relieve stress it often doesn't revolve around the same premise as the first one." I let out a tired sigh. She laughed and pat me on the back with a wide smile.

"Relax, there will be more." I stared at her unconvinced but let her have her way for now.

We decided to sleep on the decision last night and do jer idea in the afternoon. That afternoon is now. The kids were at school, Azrael was in her 3 hour grace period and I had the day to myself. This led to her taking me to a sex shop…

"Sex is natural and you are waiting much like a Christian woman in marriage, so you must find something to occupy yourself." She held the door open for me and followed after me.

"I think you're a pervert." I laughed and so did she. Going inside I saw a much nicer establishment than I was expecting.

"This is the place where rich people go." She whispered in my ear. Looking around I could tell, there were more devious toys and furniture lying around.