Ch 33: Young Love

Ryker pov:

Mom and dad have seemed better since everyone hung out at the county fair. It's nice to see them fall back into old habits like before. It's not perfect but it's better. A good two weeks of everyone getting back into the groove of things helped.

Sadly I was forced to be at school even though I wanted to stay home and train. I could see the harsh determination in my father's eyes when she left for work each day. She's more than ready to kill Midnight.

Closing my locker I'm greeted with the sight of my beautiful girlfriend. She smiles and leans up, pressing a kiss to my lips briefly. My heart flutters and I'm at a loss of words for her. She takes my breath away with each kiss. She grabs my hand and interlocks her fingers with mine.

"Any plans for the night?" She brushed some of her fiery hair away from her face. I smiled and shook my head.

"None that I can think of. Probably gonna go home and finish my work so I can train early tomorrow." I shrugged it off, not thinking much of what to do.

"Sounds boring. Can I come over?" My face felt hot when she asked the question. I'm sure it's innocent in nature but it's still making me flustered.

"Y-yeah I don't see why not. We can study together and hang out afterwards." She smiled and kissed my cheek. She led the way and I followed helplessly, I'd follow her anywhere.

We got a ride from Jay back to my house after we left the school. I promised to hang out with him soon as a thank you for the ride. Getting into my house I called out to anyone but didn't get a reply. I knew Arthur was at fencing practice, my mom was at work, so was dad, and Athena is a wildcard. That monster can be anywhere.

"Home alone?" Lyla asked me, heading to my kitchen for a snack.

"Seems so. Kinda nice, everything's usually chaotic here." I laughed and followed her. We dropped our bags on the kitchen table and went to the fridge.

I pulled out some fruit and chips for us while she grabbed drinks. Grabbing both of our bags left my arms full. We rushed up to my room and spread out the treasure we found in the fridge. She placed the food and drinks in specific areas on my coffee table while I grabbed our homework.

She turns a show on my TV and I dig right into the food. The room is quickly filled with questions, laughter, and sounds from the TV. I struggled with math and she helped me, each answer I got right meant I got a kiss. By the end of my math homework I was dazed and had my face covered in lip gloss.

Eventually we gave up and decided to watch TV together. She sat back on my bed and I rested my head in her lap, mindlessly watching the TV while she played with my hair. It soothed me and made me find just another thing to love about her.

"Do you ever get scared?" She asked me suddenly. I furrowed my brows and turned my head to look up at her.

"What do you mean?" I was confused by her question. She hummed and ran her hand through my hair and scratched at the base of my neck.

"You and your family do a lot of dangerous things. I can't lie and say it doesn't scare me to know that you do that kind of thing but… how do you feel about it?" I sighed and sat up, keeping my back facing her.

I've held on to how I felt a lot. There's so much I'm not okay with doing but do it because I know it's what I have too, I'm in too deep already. Besides, I don't want to disappoint my father.