Ch 4: Friends

Arthur pov:

I woke up more than excited for today, Oliver would be coming over. I was nervous but really excited, he teased me over text about the shocked look on my face when he told my mom.

I gave him my address yesterday at school, he said sometime around noon is when he'd be over. I woke up early and took the opportunity to shower before my brother. I went through my rigorous morning routine, I was a bit of a germaphobe.

Getting out and going to my room I worry about what to wear. I wanted to look nice but not show off or anything. Maybe something casual would work… What if I'm too casual? It's my house though?

I grunt and grab some clothes to cycle through, trying to find the best choice. Settling on my casual clothing I dressed in a long sleeve white turtleneck and some jeans with ankle dress shoes. I'm frightened when Ryker busts into my room.

"Let me borrow one of your belts." He walks towards my closet, not waiting for my answer and going towards it.

"Just return it afterwards." He stopped before going into the closet, side eyeing me hard.

"You don't like when I borrow clothes… why are you in a good mood? Who's coming over?" He turned to fully look at me, curiosity burning in his hazel eyes.

"Shut up! No one's coming over. Get out!" I felt my cheeks get warm with all his questions. He gasped and pointed at me, taking a weird stance.

"It's Oliver isn't it?!" I grabbed one of my shoes and tossed it at him. He dodged and started to laugh really hard.

"Get the hell out Ryker!" I grabbed a belt and chased him. He still continued to laugh, even as I hit him with the belt once.

"You're such a loser. Oh man, you're a pushover for the guy." He ran out of my room and left me alone to fume in embarrassment.

I take deep breaths and calm myself down, instead focusing on cleaning up my room. I don't want him to think I'm a slob. It takes me 10 minutes to clean everything and put everything in its place.

With my room and myself cleaned up I went downstairs to the chaos in the kitchen. My mom was on the phone talking while she was plating things for everyone. Dad was cooking and cleaning up the mess at the same time.

Thena was sitting at the table with Ryker, both of them whispering to each other and erupting into giggles. Eyeing them both I take my seat and receive a side hug and kiss on the head from my mom.

With all the food done and everything plated they came over and took their seats, joining us for breakfast. Like one big family.

"Who's cooking dinner tonight?" My mom asks us. We look between us and Athena raises a hand, she smiles and high fives her.

"Awesome. Dad's gonna help though. Boys that means you're on chores for today." Ryker groaned and I accepted my chores as is.

"I hear we have someone coming over today. It's the Oliver kid from fencing right?" My dad asks with a mouth full of food. I could hear the other two snicker as I nodded my head.

"Yeah. I'm not sure what we're gonna do yet." I could hear my brother mumble something about fruit. Letting it go I saw a pleasant smile on my dad's face.

"I'm sure you'll figure it out. I will be working out and working in my study so don't be too loud." She pointed at us with her fork. The two saluted her and she did it back. I gave a thumbs up.