Chapter 12

2 months later:

Omer i Kıvılcım go to the doctor together with Metehan, Cimen, Doga, Alev and Sonmez. They're gonna know the gender of the baby today.

Omer: Are you ready?

Kıvılcım: Yes.

Doctor: Hello. Come in.

Omer/Kıvılcım: Hello.

Doctor: I see you came with whole family today.

Kıvılcım: Yes. We want the family to be with us when we know the gender of the child.

Doctor: Great! Are you ready Mrs. Kıvılcım?

Kıvılcım: Absolutely.

Kıvılcım lies down and rolls up her T-shirt in that way so that her belly is exposed.

Doctor: Half of the pregnancy behind you, how do you feel?

Kıvılcım: Time flies fast [she laughed]  but I feel very good.

Doctor: Can you feel the baby's movements?

Kıvılcım: Not yet.

Doctor: Ok. Now let's see how the baby's doing. [she smiled]

The doctor applied the gel to Kıvılcım stomach and took the ultrasound head, which she then touched her belly. She checked closely what was going on with the baby. Omer grabbed Kıvılcım hand and looked into her eyes. The rest of the family impatiently awaited information about the baby.

Omer: Everything okay with the baby?

Doctor: Of course. The baby is developing properly. Are you ready to find out the gender of your baby right now?

Kıvılcım/Omer: Yes.

Doctor: It's a boy.

Kıvılcım looked at Omer and began to cry with happiness. Omer was very happy. He approached her and kissed her on the forehead. The rest of the family was also very happy. Cimen, Doga and Metehan hugged. Sonmez and Alev cried. It was a touching moment for them.

Doctor: You can stand up. I would like to discuss a few more points.

Kıvılcım: Ok.

Doctor: Like I said, the baby's developing properly. I don't see any problems. Before your next appointment, you'll come in the morning for a blood draw. I want to make sure you're okay. And it's all from me. Do you have any questions?

Kıvılcım: No.

Omer: I have. Do we know about when the birth will be?

Doctor and Kıvılıcım laughed.

Doctor: I see you're looking forward to it. For now, I'm not yet able to say the date. It's half of the pregnancy at the moment.

Omer: I understand.

Kıvılcım: You've got four months left, darling.

Alev: You'll wait a little longer, brother. [she smiled]

Doctor: Then I'll see you in two weeks. Goodbye.

Kıvılcım/Omer: Goodbye.

Kıvılcım, Omer and the rest of the family left the hospital. Everyone was happy.

Alev: I'm very happy. Something new in the Arslan family.

Sonmez: What do you mean?

Alev: So far there were only women, and now there will be a boy ...

Sonmez: Right. Now I'm gonna have four grandchildren – 2 girls and 2 boys.