17. "ɪ ᴅᴇꜱᴇʀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ."

The door opened a few seconds later, revealing Gustav and I smiled. "There she is," He said as he opened the door the rest of the way and stepped to the side. "We were starting to think you weren't going to show."

"Yeah, sorry about that. My little sister wanted me to do her makeup," I told him and he smiled. "That's fine. You're here now and that's what matters." I flashed him a small smile.

"We're in the basement," He said. "How the hell did you hear me knock then?" I chuckled and he lifted the bottle of liquor in his hand. "Came up to get this." He said and I nodded as we made our way over to the basement stairs.

I heard faint yelling as soon as we reached the door and could tell it was Georg. "Oh, no, don't tell me he's drunk already," I said as he reached for the doorknob. "He's getting there," Gustav said and I rolled my eyes.

He let me walk down first, the yells being louder than the music that was playing. As we reached the landing I scanned the room and was surprised to see that there were only a few other girls there.

There was a set of two short hair blonde twins sitting on the leather sofa, who I assume were Lina and Leni. One appeared to be much more 'girly' than the other.

My eyes went to the other end of the couch to a black-haired girl dressed in barely anything, but she still looked very attractive. I'm assuming this was Liz. All three girls were having what looked like a pleasant conversation as they all had smiles on their faces.

My gaze went to the other side of the room and found the guys surrounding a pool table. Gustav stepped to the side of me and began walking toward them.

"Finally, dude! Took you long enough!" Georg shouted as he practically snatched the bottle from Gustav's hands. Tom finally turned his head and caught a glimpse of me, a wide smile coming onto his face.

"What are you looking at?" Bill asked before turning his head and making eye contact with me. "Genie!" He shouted, his face lighting up as he dropped the pool stick to rush over to me.

He pulled me into a hug and I smiled. "It feels so good to finally hug you. I've missed you!" He said as he pulled away and I smiled. "I missed you too. How are you feeling?"

"Fine now that I'm tipsy," He said with a smile and I nodded. "Let me introduce you to the girls real quick." He grabbed my wrist and lightly pulled me over to the sofa.

"This is Liz," He pointed to the black-haired girl. "Lina," He pointed to the 'girly' twin. "And Leni." He pointed to the other twin. They all waved and flashed me a smile.

"Liz is a senior and the twins are in our year," He told me and I nodded. "Bill, let's go! It's our turn!" Gustav shouted. "Go on, sit down and make yourself comfortable," Bill said quickly before walking away back to the pool table.

"I'm gonna go say hi to Georg and Tom. I'll be right back," I said awkwardly to them before walking away quickly. "Hey, Schön," Tom said once I came to his side. He put his hand on my waist.

Georg put together another drink, Gustav was picking another song, and Bill faced the opposite way as he focused on making a shot. "Come here," Tom said quietly and he turned me with the hand that rested on my waist.

He quickly brought his lips to mine and rested them there until we heard the sound of pool balls clacking together. He pulled away and flashed me a smile before letting go of my waist and walking over to the pool table.