6. "ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇ."

It's been about a month since my mother came home from the hospital and she's doing amazing. She started helping a lot with the twins, cooking, and cleaning.

She's had quite a lot of doctor appointments since her discharge just to make sure the treatment is sticking, which it has been. She says she feels like a million dollars and that she missed being so full of life.

The twins' birthday was coming up in a few days so she had dedicated her time to organizing and planning their party, which was tomorrow. Soon, she'll be going stir-crazy being in the house all the time.

"Hey, sweetheart!" She cheered as I walked into the kitchen. "Hey, Mom," I said with a smile as she pulled me into a hug. "Did you have a nice nap?"

I stretched and nodded in response. "Where are you going all dressed up?" I looked down at my outfit. "I'm not dressed up," I said through laughter. "Just hanging out with my friends."

"When am I going to meet these friends of yours?" She asked with a smile. "One day, mom. I swear." I went to turn away but she spoke again. "What did you guys plan on doing?"

"Probably go bowling again," I told her and she nodded. "Oh, okay," She said. "Go ahead." She spoke very softly and I immediately felt bad.

She wasn't able to do much for us over the last eight years and I guess she feels left out in a way and just wants to be involved in our lives. This would be her first night alone seeing as the twins are each at a sleepover and my father is working late.

Her eyes went down to the book she was reading and I sighed. "Why don't I just stay home with you? We can make dinner and watch movies?" She flashed me a smile. "I would love that,"

"Let me go let them know real quick," I said with a smile and headed toward the front door. I stepped out and headed to Georg's car, leaning in the front window which was Tom's.

"You guys go ahead, I'm going to stay here with my mom," I said. "You got anything planned afterward?" Tom asked and I shook my head. "Cool," He smirked. "I'll call you later then,"

I rolled my eyes before pushing myself off of the car and turning around. "You look great, by the way," He said as I walked away and I turned my head to look back at him. A sudden wave of confidence hit me.

"You too," I said with a smile before reaching the door. I closed the door behind me and smiled to myself before walking back into the kitchen. "So, what are we making for dinner, Mère?"

She looked up from her book and smiled widely. "Why don't we just order something?" She asked and I nodded, walking over to the drawer that held all the takeout menus we've collected so far.

"Hmm," I hummed as I rummaged through the drawer. "Chinese? Haven't had that in a while," I looked back at her and she nodded with a smile. I handed her the menu and she looked through it.

I let her know what I wanted and she reached for the phone to order. "I'm going to get in something comfortable," I said as I motioned to the clothes I was wearing and she nodded.

I slowly made my way up the stairs and reached my room, pulling my shirt off as I walked through the door. I searched through my closet and pulled out a light pink tank top.

I took off my bottoms and replaced them with a black pair of pajama pants. I pulled my hair back into a bun as I made my way out of my bedroom. I quickly walked down the stairs and reached the kitchen to see my mother on the phone.

"Okay, thank you so much. Bye-bye." She put the phone down and flashed me a smile. "Twenty minutes. That might give us enough time to choose a movie," She said with laughter. "Because you know we both are very indecisive."