~Chapter Fifty-Six~

*weeks later*

"He's just so adorable!"

"Look at those little fangs! Aww!"

"He looks like a little mouse."

Sophie smacked him and he winced. I giggled and she smiled at me. They had come to visit me and the baby after we've recovered.

"At least he doesn't look like a nincompoop.." She muttered and kept cooing Eros in her arms. "I am no nincompoop. I am such a cutie! Yes I am!"

I rolled my eyes and looked over to where Abel was standing. He was studying Eros quietly with a smile on his face. Ginny stood besides him and had her hands to her cheeks, excited about it. Jake was still sitting next to Sophie, rubbing his arm, and Sophie sat next to me cradling Eros. I was sitting on our bed, watching my friends admire my newborn baby. It was a nice sight.

"You named him Cupid!" Ginny said excitedly and smiled widely. She seemed so happy about it. It made me smile.

"And death..." Sophie said with a small smile on her lips. She looked at me and then down at Eros.

The room went a bit silent and everyone looked at me. What? What's wrong with naming him Thanatos? I don't think it's a problem. I seriously don't. It shouldn't bother the Grim Reaper anyway. I mean, it was Angel's idea, but still... I don't see why it should be such a big deal.

"Why did you name him life and death?" Ginny asked me with a curious yet confused expression. I just shrugged.

"Angel wanted me to name him Thanatos. I really didn't like it at first, but then he said I could call him anything else, just including Thanatos somewhere in his name..." I said and looked down at Eros. "I don't see why it should be a problem. It's not like we're offering him or sacrificing him or anything at all."

Sophie just gave Eros a small smile and caressed his cheek. Ginny looked down at the ground, still confused. And Abel and Jake only watched Eros with a blank thoughtful expression. We all stayed in an awkward yet comfortable silence until we heard the door open and the jiggling of keys. Angel was here.

He walked into the room and looked around at my friends. He seemed surprised and blinked a few times. Then, his eyes met mine and he gave me a small smile.

'Unexpected visitors...' He said into my thoughts and I shrugged.

'They wanted to meet the baby.' I answered back and he nodded understandingly.

"Ohh, here's your daddy!" Sophie cooed softly and turned to look at Angel. She gave him a nod and then turned around. Angel just nodded back and looked at the rest.

"Hello!" Ginny greeted him as he walked towards me.

"Hey, man. Congrats." Abel said and shook his hand.

"Thanks.." Angel said a bit awkwardly, but I knew he wasn't weirded out by them. He was just a bit out of focus. I suppose, he was thinking hard about something. He's been like that since Eros was born.

"Yeah, man, congratulations for your kid." Jake said and shook his hand as well. "He'll be just like his mother."

Angel smiled this time and looked down at Eros. He kneeled and kissed his forehead. Sophie was still carrying him, but he didn't seem to care.

"I hope he does." Was all he said and then stood up. He walked over to me and kissed my cheek. "Hey, babe." He whispered and I smiled at him.

"Hey," I said back and he walked over to the bathroom. "Abel brought some bread and milk in case you were hungry." I called out and he turned around.