malia hale

warning: long chapter.
i also skipped stiles' part because it was kind of boring and too much to write sobeware

i also skipped stiles' part because it was kind of boring and too much to write so✨beware✨

Austin stood with Ryder's head in his chest, his hand combing through her hair as they waited impatiently to find out what was going to happen.

Stiles spoke up, "Bet they're thinking smallpox."

"Highly doubt it." Austin muttered.

"Not likely." Their heads snapped to the man behind the desk, "Smallpox was eradicated worldwide in 1979. We've only managed to completely eradicate two viruses in history. The other was rinderpest. It killed cows."

Stiles furrowed his brows, "So we should be comforted by that, right?"

"Unless it's something worse."

"He's weird." Ryder's voice came out muffled, though she knew they were silently agreeing with her.

"Whatever it is, they're taking it pretty seriously. They're a lot of cars and trucks out there." Malia said, glancing at her boyfriend, "Your dad's with them."

"Hey, I should probably call him." The Stilinski went to get his phone, immediately getting stopped by Simon,

"Don't bother. They would have shut off any access to all outside communication by now. No cell service, no WiFi. No one starting a panic. Looks like we're all just going to have to wait here and see what happens."

•••

While Ryder went to take care of herself in the bathroom, while Austin stood in line with Malia and Kira. The three teens were waiting to get injected by a CDC Doctor to ensure that they weren't sick. The George teen cracked his knuckles as he kept glancing back at the girl restroom to see when his lover would exit and if she needed any kind of help.

"Kira, do you ever get the feeling that Scott and Stiles aren't telling you everything?" Malia's voice caught his attention.

Kira cleared her throat, "What do you mean?"

"Like they hide stuff." The Tate girl elaborated.

"I think if they did, they'd probably have a pretty good reason." The Yukimura inhaled softly, avoiding eye contact.

Austin frowned, he didn't want to call Kira out, but he was intrigued to know what Malia could be talking about, "What do you mean?"

"Do you know what they're hiding in the bag under Scott's bed?" She looked at Austin.

He raised his hands in defense, "I didn't even know there was a bag under Scott's bed."

He wasn't lying.

And even if he did know what they were hiding, Austin didn't feel the need to lie. If either of the girls were to ask him something and he had the information they needed, he wouldn't see any point in not telling them the truth. He wasn't under oath to protect Scott and Stiles from losing their girlfriends.