saving liam

*suggestive content*

While they had both fully planned on going home with their families, Ryder and Austin ended up at Scott's place of work with Brett writhing underneath their hands as they did what they could to keep him still.

"What the hell is happening to this kid?" Stiles asked, grunting as he was shoved a bit.

"He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane. I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible." Deaton said, keeping a distance as they struggled to keep Brett down.

"Hey, Derek, how about a little werewolf strength?"

Derek eyed Stiles, "Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength."

Ryder looked at Derek oddly, wondering why he suddenly got so hostile. She then noticed that a small scratch on his hand that Brett had given him hadn't healed yet. She was curious, yes, but didn't say anything.

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him."

"Yeah, we're trying." Ryder huffed.

"Derek, he's slipping." Stiles called out, "I don't think I can hold him."

Just in time for Brett to jump up and shove everyone off of him, Ryder had managed to snatch Austin out of the way before he could possibly get hurt.

Brett made an immediate run for the exit, Austin almost thought they would have to chase him down. Thankfully, Peter appeared in the doorway, knocking the Talbot teen out cold.

"I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself." He smiled cockily. Ryder scoffed, shaking her head as Derek spoke,

"Yeah, maybe more than a little."

"Hi, Ryder." Peter smiled.

The man had been trying to get in contact with the girl for a while now, seemingly trying to tell her some very valuable information, but Ryder didn't want to hear it. The second she got a text from an unknown number, she instantly blocked them.

To a normal person, they wouldn't have known it was Peter texting her, but Ryder knew he was the only person that used his punctuation incorrectly and then sent a text complaining about it.

She narrowed her eyes, "Peter."

Stiles knelt down by Brett's body, "Hey, Doc, I don't think he's breathing. Is he okay?"

"I think he'll be fine, but probably out for a while." Deaton said, earning sighs of relief from the few that were convinced they just witnessed a death. 'The few' being Austin.

"Guys, can you hear that? I think he's saying something."

The movements of Brett's lips were hardly noticeable able, but it was clear he was mumbling something under his breath.