masked men

—

"Guys, I'm fine. Help Tracy. Find Tracy. Go." Lydia whimpered out as Austin knelt down by her side, Isaac hesitant to do the same as he didn't want to do anything wrong.

Theo spoke up, "It's okay. She's all right."

"Come on, Stiles."

Much to her dismay, Ryder ended up leaving Austin to help Theo save Lydia so she could make sure that Malia was alright.

"Is anyone wearing a belt?"

She heard her boyfriend's voice fade out as they made it to the basement. She, Scott and Stiles stopped in their tracks as they noticed Malia hovering over Tracy's unconscious body.

"It wasn't me."

Stiles kept his distance as he asked, "What the hell happened to her?"

"There were these people...They had masks. Um, there...There were... Three of them. I think there were three."

Ryder went to walk forward to possibly comfort her sister, only to flinch the second Scott's hand grabbed her wrist to stop her from moving forward. She jerked her hand away from him, eyeing his weirdly before she continued.

"What... What are you talking about?" Stiles asked.

Malia stammered, "They were strong, Stiles. They had a weapon. Stiles, I didn't do this."

"Okay. She's not changing back. We're going to need to get her out of here." Deaton spoke up.

Sheriff Stilinski walked up, "What, hey... Absolutely not. This is a crime scene. We call the coroner."

Ryder rolled her eyes. While she respected the man, now definitely was not the time to finally start doing his job.

"I think the coroner might be very confused by this girl's severed reptilian tail." Deaton said.

Stillinski shrugged, "I don't care..."

"You should. Unless you're prepared to hold a press conference announcing the presence of supernatural creatures in Beacon Hills."

Stiles stepped up, "Dad, he's right."

"Maybe at the clinic we can figure out how to change her back, then call the coroner?"

"There's a line...There is a line that we have to draw."

"Dad, you've already crossed it."

"More than once." Ryder spoke under her breath, but due to the silence, her words were heard clearly.

"Sheriff, please. Let me help. I've dealt with things like this before."

"Just do it fast."

•••