ideal pack

warning: i realized more than half way through this that the sheriff wouldn't have been in the hospital yet, but for the sake of the chapter, let's say he is :)

"Left. Turn left."

Austin took a sharp turn in the direction Ryder told him.

The two were currently on the hunt for Stiles.

After learning that the Sheriff had gotten hurt and his son was no where to be found, Ryder had a small inkling that he was with the person that started all of this.

And after contacting just about everyone she wasn't one hundred percent pissed at, she gathered from Malia that she had only saw Stiles once that day when she brought him to the police station before he broke up with her.

Though she wanted to try and comfort her sister, she wasn't given the chance before Malia hung up on her and told her she was busy.

And just before that, Malia spluttered out how Stiles' jeep got towed after it broke down and he smashed the windshield.

So it was safe to say that all hell broke loose following last nights events.

And now, she and Austin were left to pick up the pieces of Theo's mess.

The gravel beneath the car crackles loudly as they pulled into an unknown driveway.

"Because of course this is where he'd be." Austin muttered under his breath, his eyes locking on a very familiar vehicle, "That's Theo's truck."

"You'd think he'd avoid the guy that just ruined his longest friendship." Ryder cleared her throat, opening the door to leave, only to immediately feel Austin's hand stop her.

"Wait. What if we walk in on something we don't want to see?"

Ryder's brows pulled inward, the confusion clear on her face, "Such as...?"

"I don't know." He shrugged, growing timid under her stare, "Stiles getting murdered."

The Anders teen gave him a look of disbelief, "Then we stop it."

Austin noted how she spoke as if it were obvious what they should do in such a situation. Which, when he thought about it, it definitely was.

"Right. Of course." He shook his head, "That makes sense."

Meeting up in the front of the car, Austin kept a tight grip on his girlfriend's hand, his nerves shot as his hands began to sweat.

"Relax." Ryder spoke lowly, but just loud enough for him to hear, "We'll be fine."

•••

"I never lied about why I came to Beacon Hills. I'm here for a pack." Theo started, his stare never wavering as he stared at Stiles, "I came for the werecoyote. The one whose first instinct is to kill. I came for the Banshee, the girl surrounded by death. I came for the Ryder, the youngest full turning werewolf in her family who would kill if needed. I came for the dark Kitsune, the Beta with anger issues... I came for Void Stiles. That's the pack I want. Unfortunately, it doesn't include Scott."

Stiles didn't respond, instead choosing to glare at the teen in front of him.

"Your heartbeat's rising, Stiles. It's not because you're afraid. Nogitsune is gone, but you've still got more blood on your hands than any of us."

Stiles tilted his head, "I'm about to get more."

Theo writhed in slight pain at the punch Stiles threw towards him, his hand reaching to touch his aching nose as he laughed loudly,

"There he is! That's Void Stiles. It felt good, didn't it?" The Raeken hunched forward at the strike thrown towards his stomach, yet he didn't stop, "We won't tell Scott. Cause you can't lose your best friend, right?"

Stiles' jaw clenched in anger.

"Even though we both know, you never needed him. You hate me now, but you'll get it eventually."

"Stiles?"

The Stilinski's head snapped at the voice, his heart racing at the thought of Ryder showing up.

Theo seemed excited to Ryder, though that quickly died down at the male figure trailing closely behind her. "And then there's him. Almost forgot about him. He soft. He isn't in my ideal pack."

Ryder didn't bother to spare a look at the man that nearly ruined everything good for her, instead focusing on the main task at hand.

"Stiles, we need to go."

"What?" He furrowed his brows, "What are you talking about?"

"Your butchered relationship with Scott is the least of your worries right now."

Theo chuckled, "She's right. Cause you can't help Scott and save your dad's life."

Austin could see the color drain from Stiles' face as Theo continued,

"You've still got time, Stiles. You've still got time."

Stiles' eyes met Ryder's, practically pleading for an explanation.

"Your dad's in the hospital. He was attacked. Let's go."

A/N: it's been a while....
EXTREMELY short chapter because the rest of it picks up in 5B. i can't promise i'm forever back but i've been missing austin so have some hope.