babysitting

—

Unfortunately for her, Ryder got stuck watching over the body with Stiles and Theo.

Yes, she volunteered herself, but that was before she actually realized what she'd be doing.

Babysitting.

She did that enough with Josie when they were younger, she was getting back into that habit with Jesse and now she was doing it with people she couldn't stand for people she didn't know.

She could die right now. This is ridiculous.

Austin was home with Isaac and Jennifer, the three doing whatever it was that they needed to do. She didn't ask too much, not wanting to get involved in case Austin wasn't comfortable with telling anyone yet. All he had mentioned was that Jennifer had gotten more stuff that belong to Max.

Her parents were well aware of everything happening- things would be horrible if they didn't know. The couple decided to continue to stay supportive and not get involved unless deemed absolutely necessary. They knew their daughters could handle themselves and each other if need be.

Now, while Josie was offered a ride home, she instead decided to stay with Liam and do whatever he needed.

Ryder could only do so much to help her sister, and if she couldn't take Ryder's multiple hints, the older of the two was afraid she'd have to let her find out the hard way.

Ryder would definitely be there for Josephine if it came down to it, but she couldn't do much right now.

•••

"Just get out of the car, please."

"Don't rush me." The Anders teen rolled her eyes before she followed Stiles' movements in exiting the vehicle.

"Come on." He held the door open for her, "Quickly, Ryder, please."

As they made it into the clinic, the two teens stumbled, yet didn't stop in their tracks as they saw Theo standing there.

From Ryder's point of view, he looked like he had been doing something before they showed up. She wasn't allowed the chance to question him before he started first,

"What's going on?"

"Whoever's stealing the bodies probably isn't going to do it while we're standing guard over one of them."

"So you've got a better idea?"

•••

Stiles' better idea was to sit in his jeep and wait for whoever was taking the bodies to show up.

Smartest idea? probably not. But it was the only idea they had at the moment.

"Go."

Theo looked at Ryder with furrowed brows, "What?"