PSAT

—

Scott and Stiles sat in the McCall's bedroom after just having counted the money he had gotten from Garrett.

"It's half a million dollars. Scott. What are you going to do, just slide it under your mattress?"

"I have to talk to Derek. The money's his." Scott told his friend.

"You mean his and Peter's. And possibly Ryder's—who is Peter's heir. And Malia. But mostly Peter's." Stiles rambled.

Scott frowned, "What does that mean?"

"It means maybe we should proceed with caution." The Stilinski said, voice fill with a bit a hesitance.

"You don't think we should tell Derek?"

"No. No." Stiles sighs, "No, of course we have to tell him. I'm just—I'm just saying, some of that money's Peter's, right?"

Scott nodded, "Yeah."

"Right? Peter. Homicidal killer? Remember? You want to give $500,000 to him."

"So we should give Derek his money back. But not Peter?"

"I didn't say that." Stiles denied with a shake of his head.

"Stiles, what are you saying?"

Before he could defend himself, knocking on the door startled the two teens, forcing them to hide the bag of money as quickly as they could before the door opened to reveal a slightly wet haired Malia.

"We found Satomi's pack. Derek and I. But they're dead."

"All of them?"

"All the ones we found." Malia looked them up and down as she spoke. It was clear to her that they had been doing something before she came in, but she didn't bother asking.

"Then where's Derek?"

•••

The next morning, Austin stood with his head in Ryder's neck as she hugged him tightly.

The couple had remembered two days before that they had the PSAT's and spent the entirety of those two days studying for them. To say Austin was tired would be an understatement. Ryder wasn't feeling the best either, but she figured she could push through.

"Where's Lydia?" Kira asked as she looked around for the strawberry blonde girl.

"She's took it her freshman year." Stiles said.

Malia's eyes grew wide, "Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?"

"Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us."

"I really don't think she did." Kira eyed Austin. As if on cue, the George teen let out a groan before he stood up straight.

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good." Malia looked as if she wanted to stomp her foot.

"Well..."

Malia waved her hands around, "Well, what?"

"It's do well, not good." Stiles corrected her.

"Oh, God!"

"You're doing this, because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live. If I survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college."

Ryder huffed, "Now is not the time for your pep talks, Scott."

"It's only three hours. We can survive three hours."

•••

"Is there any chance that I can message my pregnant mother to pick me up early as I am not feeling very well?" Ryder asked, her voice quivered a bit as she put nearly all her body weight on the teachers -Simon's- desk.

Her question received questioning looks from her group of friends. They had just agreed that they could last three hours and Ryder was already attempting to give up.

Austin's tired eyes trailed over her face, instantly noticing the eye bags that seemingly had nothing to do with her lack of sleep.

"You okay, Ry?" He stepped behind her, pressing a gentle hand to the small of her back.

"Yeah, never mind, sir." She told the teacher, placing her phone into an envelope and passing it to Ms. Martin, "I'll make through the day."

"Woah." Stiles kept her steady as she stumbled into him. His cheeks redden as she accidentally grazed his chest,

"Sorry, Stiles."

"You're good."

"Yeah, she's good." Austin rolled his eyes, shooing the Stilinski away so he could help his girlfriend. Austin knew she wasn't okay. In fact, he was aware that she had been feeling fine a few minutes ago, which is why as soon as he sat down, he asked her what was wrong.

"I don't know. I'm assuming it's a cold."

"You can't get a cold, Ryder, you're a werewolf." He whispered to her, lifting a hand to feel for a fever. "And you're burning up."

"I'll be fine." She said, "It's probably just nervous sickness. Now turn around before that teacher burns a whole in your skull."

"Please do not open the test booklet until you are instructed to do so. This test is two hours and 10 minutes. There will be two 25-minute critical reading sections, two 25-minute math sections and an essay writing portion that will last 30 minutes. There are supposed to be two teachers monitoring this exam."

"I can't find him, but Mr. Yukimura is upstairs grading papers." Ms. Martin said as she walked back into the classroom, "Do you want me to try him?"

"We have to start. We can ask for his assistance during the first break. You may now open your test booklets and begin."

•••

It was a mere few minutes into the test, Ryder's headache was growing worse and she was feeling rather dizzy. It seemed someone was feeling a lot worse than she was as Sydney, who was sat in the seat in front of Austin, fell out of her chair.

"Sydney! Are you all right?" Ms. Martin ran towards her in a panic.

"I'm okay." The girl tried reassuring her, "I just got kind of dizzy."

Ms Martin pulled up the girls sleeve to reveal a rash, "Sydney, how long have you had this?"

"I don't know."

"Ms. Martin, do I need to stop the test?" Simon asked, looking over at the scene.

"No, um, it's fine. Everybody stay in your seats. I'll, um, be back in a minute. Nobody leaves the room."

As soon as Lydia's mom left, Austin spun around in his seat to check on the Miller teen. He brushed her hair out of her face, immediately shoving it back as he noticed her flickering eyes.

"Ryder, what are you doing?"

"Sulking?"

"Your eyes are glowing. Stop it." He whispered to her. He didn't want to be harsh, but he knew that if he spoke to her in any other way, she's wouldn't listen.

"I'm not doing it on purpose, asshole."

Austin huffed, crossing his arms over his chest, "Okay, I love you but there is no need for that language."

"I'm sorry—"

"Get back! No! Do not come in here! Get back outside! Back to your seats. Now. Please. I need the number of the CDC. Yes, the Center for Disease Control."

"Disease Control?"

A/N: it's been a while...it's actually only been three days
anyways— josh>>diggie