Chapter 26- Terribly Wonderful

Kaiya's POV-

The embrace between my brother's and I could never last long enough, in their arms I was safe and protected from the outside world. But all things come to an end as Sota pulled back his arms lingering on my shoulders before completely retreating.

"We should get back," Kosuke stated now also pulling away. I nodded in response now attending to my stomach cut by applying some medical jutsu on it to stop most of the bleeding.

How was I supposed to face Sasuke now? He wanted nothing to do with me and I wanted everything to do with him. I still didn't understand his reasons fully, but overall I had hurt him and that was something I could never take back.

My head was dizzy with regret, but it was only halfhearted as I could not understand what I had done to make him so mad, but I was coming up with many unreasonable ideas. In the end I wondered if he had never really loved me.

I suddenly became angered at the thought of him playing me like a piece in his game. What if he had made everything up? Was it his plan to break up with me? I continued back to the house completely filled with anger as my brothers continued to look at me slightly worried.

When we made it back around the hillside to the front door we were greeted by the team's smiling faces.

I was suddenly embraced by someone I couldn't see that held me to their chest. Suddenly a spark of hope flared within me and I prayed the person was Sasuke, but I suddenly realized that I had been wrong and the man who was so worriedly holding onto me was my beloved father Kakashi.

"Kaiya! Thank God you're ok," Kakashi stated his tone changing to one of seriousness. "Is she gone?"

I looked up at him smiling through a small tinge in my chest, "Yeah she's gone."

"I'm so proud of you." He cried out embracing me again tighter. My eyes went wide as he did and I suddenly recognized another person who was standing beside us...Sasuke.

After a few more seconds I pulled back from Kakashi and turned around looking dead into the Uchiha's eyes. He looked almost regretful and...happy.

Anger was not the word to describe what I then felt in that moment. I felt if I would explode any second and knew I had to get out of everyone's sight before I completely lost it and said something I was going to regret.

I turned around away from the Raven and took a step towards the door, but was suddenly stopped by a strong hand holding my forearm. I knew who it was and I did the one thing I knew I shouldn't have.

I turned around and brought my palm to his face sending a blow across his cheek making his head turn and fall downward. No longer facing me his hair covered his eyes. The impact had caused a slight sting to form on my already burned hand, but I ignored it turning back around and walking through the door.

Whatever the Uchiha was going to say was irrelevant now and quite frankly I didn't care, nothing in this world could ever erase the pain he had caused me.

I entered my room and sat down on the soft bed with a humph.

I was soon joined by a fuming Sakura.

"What the hell happened?!" She demanded.

"Nothing... it's over now. Leave it alone," I stated flipping around to face the headboard now on my stomach.

"Kaiya-"

"Stop," I retorted now looking dead in her eyes despair replacing the previous anger I had felt.

She looked at me sadly before sitting down next to me wrapping an arm around my shoulder, "It'll be ok."