Chapter 23- Campfire Stories

Kaiya's POV-

I put on a black and purple hoodie and some jean shorts before heading outside where everyone was sitting around a fire.

"How nice of you to join us," Kakashi said as I sat down on a stump between him and Sasuke.

I grunted in response grabbing a piece of chocolate and putting it in my mouth.

Naruto with a marshmallow in his mouth mumbled, "Let's tell ghost stories!"

"That's lame dobe," Sasuke said leaning back taking another piece of chocolate I had in my hand and putting it on his tongue.

I sat up straight and slapped him in the back of the head as Naruto pouted.

"It's a great idea!" I told Naruto as I kissed Sasuke slightly biting the half of chocolate that hadn't been covered by his lips and taking it my mouth.

Naruto was cheering across the fire at my response while Sasuke sat there frustrated and disappointed by my actions.

I however happily ate the candy I had retrieved.

"Ok Kaiya," Kakashi stated. "You start."

I thought for a moment before I came up with a story that was sure to scare everyone, but maybe Kakashi and Sasuke.

(A/N I didn't come up with these stories I have heard them before) "There was a man who went to a beach one day and chose a spot right behind a young man who had been making something in the sand. The boy was no older than nine or ten, but his parents were nowhere to be found. The man however paid no attention and continued to watch the kid in amazement, the boy had great talent. The man could not see the boy's face only the creation he was making. It was a shark jumping out of the ocean biting a surfer," I began.

I paused grinning a little at the group's intense focus that was on me.

I continued, "The man looked at it closed and saw the man in the creation had only one arm that was visible because the other was engulfed in the black eyed beast's mouth. The boy finished and backed up into the man before smiling wickedly his black eyes resembled that of the sharks. The man looked back at the sand and blinked a few times because now the man in the sculpture had been half eaten by the shark." I stopped momentarily chuckling slightly at Naruto's and Sakura's shaking figures and Sasuke's pure fascination.

Then I proceeded, "Then the man noticed something else, the sand had become red. His gaze was broken by the sounds of screaming and panicking people. A Shark in the distance had bitten into a man both had torpedoed out of the water and were now on the beach. The shark was thrashing around and the man broke free only to take two steps and drop dead. Half of his torso was missing. The man turned back to the boy who held a finger to his lips. It was hard to tell whether the sea was becoming louder or if the boy was hushing the man as he bounded off."

By this time Naruto was shaking and jumping at the distant waves crashing into the shore and Sakura was clinging for life onto Sai's arm.

Kakashi sat next to me smiling oddly at the story and Sasuke's fascinated expression changed back to one of boredom.

"Did you not like the story?" I asked Sasuke not particularly caring what his answer was.

"I could have done better," he responded.

I smiled wickedly and replied, "Go ahead."

He was surprised at my response, but gained his subtle composure and started, "You are never more than 5 feet away from a spider when outdoors."

I jumped up in the air with the rest of team and bolted into the house panting as I did.

"Damn Uchiha," I mumbled from Sakura and my room looking out the window.