Chapter 22- Storm

Kaiya's POV-

"Eeep!" I yelled falling over the side of the ship bed.

I rubbed my palm over the back of my head and inspected the room. Where the small wood bed was sitting Sasuke and Soulji were nowhere to be found.

I stood up and was knocked back down when the ship suddenly took an unexpected turn. It felt as if I were on a never-ending rollercoaster as I kept trying to keep myself balanced.

As I was propping myself up against one of the stabilized dressers someone burst through the room.

"Kaiya we need help up on the deck!" Naruto yelled.

I nodded and wobbly followed him out. Immediately the situation became apparent to me when I stepped out of the safety of the inner ship.

The sky was a consuming black that flashed yellow rays that threatened to destroy us. Then the ship thrashed violently assisted by the howling winds knocking me to the side against the railing.

As I looked over the ship I could see some of the deck items that had fallen over rolling in the deep blue waters that were knocking against the boat.

I felt a pull on my arm as Naruto hoisted me to him and cried out, "We need to secure all of the valuable cargo."

I nodded and ran forward leaving him behind me as the mist of seawater sprayed my face, I knew If I wasn't careful I could end up being one of the items thrown overboard.

Suddenly I could see the shadow of a few figures and began to hear growling and yelling over the constant sound of wind and waves hitting the deck.

Then I found the rest of my team with part of the crew. Everyone trying to tie down items that were rolling around and often falling overboard.

I ran over to Soulji who was struggling to hold a rope down with his jaws.

When it was tied down I sighed at the chaos the storm was causing.

But then suddenly I heard a loud yell and saw a man who looked to be about my age pushed over the side of the ship into the white caps that covered him dragging the man further out into their depths. Whoever had pushed him was now walking away slowly out of my line of sight into the thick mist and I didn't have time to worry about who it was and instead ran over to the side of the ship looking out.

I then saw him come up for a slight breath of air before he was then sucked back down and without thinking I jumped in after him.

As soon as I hit the water I was enveloped in a dark cold feeling that took over my body and invaded my mind. But as my lungs began to scream for air I pulled myself up and over the top of the waves and began to search the cold murky depths of the sea.

Then I saw him about 50 feet away from me flailing trying to keep himself above the water, but failing to do so.

I used one of the waves to my advantage by swimming under it as it was about to come crashing down on me. I repeated the process until I found the man again, but this time he wasn't swimming he was motionless on the water's surface. I grabbed him and looked out to the ship, I knew I wouldn't be able to keep my balance on top of the waters with the waves becoming up to 50 feet high, so I decided I would have to swim back hoping he would make it.

I soon realized however the waves were not going in the direction of my favor and I would have to try hard to not only keep myself from swimming out further, but the crew-member as well. After pushing through the deep dwell of thrashing waters I made it to a close point by the boat.

The ship was still in a panic and I knew no one would be able to find me out here.

I looked around for something I could use to hoist myself and the unconscious man up, but found nothing until I saw a rope dangling from the side of the ship that was tied to the railing.