Prologue

Sol walked through the hallways of Academy Four as he headed for a certain room. It was now Christmas break and most of the students of academy four were off on their own times, including Miss Charlotte who was with her family. "It's sad she can't be here with me... Guess every life has its ups and downs."  The only people now at the academy were the student council of whom Sol was a member of and was now heading to for a meeting being held by the current president.

"Sorry I'm late, Bishop!" he called as he entered the room.

"No worries. Please sit down, Sol." Bishop said as he saw Sol come in. All of the ten student council members were now in the room and waiting the start of the days subject.

"So, just what are we doing?" Matthew, a second year, asked from beside Bishop. "If we were called for a meeting in the middle of nowhere, then something must be going on..."

Bishop nodded. "That is correct." He smiled and stood up to look over the other members. "As many of you know, the school exchange tournament is taking place next semester."

"Of course. Who wouldn't know of that. It's huge!" Shanks, another second year, commented. "What's so special though?"

"This year we will be taking on Academy Five, who is the lowest ranked of the Heroes Schools." Bishop explained. "Despite this fact, there are some things we need to watch for to keep our reputation up."

"Like what?" Sol asked.

"I'll show you." Bishop pulled put a board with information on it and wrote it on a bigger board behind him. When he had finished, the contents consisted of the following:

Lilia Dragoness-Third year, Dragon-woman, exceptional fire magic

Damion Wolfshine-Close combat fighting, quick hands

Cinder Kushida-First Princess of Kushida, exceptional fire magic, royal blood perks

Leopold Kushida-Second Prince of Kushida, mysterious powers

"And this is what exactly?" Sol's friend, Mestro, asked.

"These are the people that we will need to keep a close eye on." Bishop replied. "These four our the biggest threats we will face in this upcoming battle and who we need to keep from gaining an edge on us."

"There he goes again..." Casandra mumbled. "Being the 'greatest brain' of Academy Four again..."

Bishop raised his hands in playful defense. "I'm just giving strategy! Why do you people feel the need to put me at such high standards?!" He threw his black hair back and smiled. "Anyways, do we have any questions?"

Sol looked at the listed threats and frowned. "I don't see the name of Stratus up there. Charlotte seemed to put her brother in a high place, so I expected to see his name... Maybe she was overexaggerating him?"

"Something wrong, Sol?" Bishop asked.

He shook his head. "I don't think it will matter. Just the inner thoughts of my daily life..."

"Planning to flirt with Charlotte again?" Mestro joked.

"You really need to step up your game if you want to get a girl like her, Sol." Casandra suggested.

"Maybe try some new methods?" Matthew suggested.

Sol blushed and shook his head in defiance. "Can we please not talk about this! Why do you guys need to keep teasing me about ONE little crush on a pretty girl?"

"Because it's fun?" Bishop suggested.

Sol stood up, still blushing bright red, and headed for the door. "I-I'm going to go if the meeting is over! See you guys..."