18: Confessions and Chances

[victoria's pov]

Now back in my dormitory, I was reminiscing about my kiss with Theo. It replayed in my head, like I was stuck in a hamster wheel. I never could've imagined one could make me feel so many things at once.

There was a knock at my door and I forced myself out of bed, trying to look presentable (as I was only dressed in my nightgown.) I fixed my hair and opened my dormitory door by a crack. I caught a glimpse of Riddle and shut the door right away.

"Is something the matter?" he asked from outside the door.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "You cannot show up unannounced, especially in the evening when I'm alone, RIddle."

My chest leaned against the door as it seemed like Riddle would try to come in any moment, though realistically, I knew he wouldn't without my consent.

"Well I'm now announcing my presence," he said. "I just believe I have something of yours to return."

I furrowed my brows and opened the door, just wide enough to see what he meant. He examined me up and down.

"It's the middle of the day," he noted.

"It also happens to be winter break."

In his hand was an envelope. It was stamped with a scarlet red wax, marked with the initial C. He handed it to me without a word and I shut the door on him, not realising how rude and dismissive it was until later.

But then again, it was just Tom Riddle. Curious, I gently opened the envelope, afraid I'd ruin the unbeknownst contents inside.

It was a mere letter and nothing more. I don't know what I was expecting, but I sure wasn't expecting an invitation from a stranger. The seal looked prestigious, a dark velvet red initialised M.

——————————

[tom's pov]

I could feel her presence before she had opened her dormitory door and rushed down the stairs. Her hair looked undone and her scarf was wrapped over that naked neck of hers. I unnoticeably peaked over my book, uninterested in where she could be heading.

Where could Victoria have possibly been going?

She was almost in a panic. She didn't even glance at me or notice me.

Not that it was important.

It was almost past curfew.

And I was a prefect.

So it was only natural I had to follow her to make sure she was in the school before dark, or I'd have to face consequences.

——————————

[victoria's pov]

I found myself sitting in the Three Broomsticks

I found myself sitting in the Three Broomsticks. I had suspected it was Tom who had decided to pull a stupid prank, but he'd never stoop low. He always held his head up high enough to see beyond the mountain. But I also considered if he was going to try to spill his secrets to me (wishful thinking) or if he was finally going to admit what kind of curse he had cast on me the night I got trapped in the chamber.