7: Her Suspicion and His Secret

[victoria's pov]

Almost a week had passed since Theodore had asked for a lunch "date" together. I told him I had time the following Tuesday for dinner and we agreed to go to Hogsmeade Village together. It was cliche but there was nowhere else we could go.

Today is Tuesday.

"It is SO a date," Druella squealed as she, Serenity, and I headed to Defense Against the Dark Arts. I just now told them what happened because it had slipped my mind the past few times we were together.

"He's sure got an eye on you," Serenity with a goofy grin.

We entered Professor Merrythought's classroom and she greeted us like every morning.

"Happy Halloween, students!" she cheered. I figured it was her favourite holiday.

She had greying orange hair tied back into an old fashioned hair bun. Her robes were mulberry purple and she wore expensive-looking earrings. (I imagined Miss Frizzle for a second while writing this.)

"I'll lend you one of my dresses," Druella offered.

"There's no need to," I scrunch my nose. "It's a quick grab-and-go. I don't see Theodore the way you see Black."

"Maybe Theodore sees you the way Black sees Druella," Serenity laughed.

Druella looked like she was about to say something but changed her mind when Riddle walked in. He glared at me. I wondered if he was still thinking about what "actually happened" to me the other night. Still, I couldn't help but wonder why he had been so defensive when I asked him, "Where shouldn't I have been, Riddle? Hiding something?"

He sat behind me, the seat farthest from Professor Merrythought's desk. I didn't have him in all of my classes but I was sure this was his least favourite class. I personally thought the other way around. Professor Merrythought had always made lessons easy to understand.

"If everyone could, please turn to the last chapter of your books," Merrythought started.

I wondered what this class would have been like if Theodore was in it. He probably would've eaten the ghoul repellent thinking they were chips or would've tried it just for the experience. I grinned to myself and realised how stupid I probably looked.

"The last known obscurial was found in New York," Merrythought said, conjuring a vision of a dark cloud-like figure swarming around. It looked almost majestic if it weren't for the chaotic swarming. "Some of you may have heard about it from Newt Scammander's tales. It is said that Grindelwald tried to tame the last known obscurial, but-"

I got distracted when I heard whispering. The whispers got louder and louder until my vision started spinning and I shut my eyes. A bright light flickered my vision and a sharp pain seemed to pierce against my skull. My body felt deformed.

"What's wrong?" Serenity asked me worriedly. I tried to respond but all I could manage was a croak. Just speaking took my energy. I hadn't felt this sick in ages. I hated this feeling--not being sick, but being weak.