Ch.5 Battle Trial

The next day started off uneventfully. U.A may be recognized for its hero course, but it is still a school where mathematics, english, and literature are a key focus. It was a mainly normal day until after lunch.

As I sat in my desk, waiting for the hero course to begin, All-Might bursts into the classroom shouting, "I AM! coming through the door like a normal person."

His presence fills the room with an electric energy. The students gasp in awe as they witness the legendary hero standing before them.

All-Might's larger-than-life presence commanded attention and admiration from all. The atmosphere in the classroom shifts, and excitement fills the air as the students realize they are about to witness something extraordinary.

However, I remain emotionless. His larger-than-life presence does not captivate me like it does the other students.

I can't help but think about how he wasn't there to save my parents from the criminal who shot them. Their lives were taken away in an instant, and All-Might's heroic image means nothing to me in the face of such tragedy.

The pain still lingers, and his arrival only serves as a painful reminder of what could have been if he had been there on that fateful day.

"I teach Hero Basic Training." All Might continues. "It is a subject where you train in different ways to learn the basics of being a hero. This class is the most important one here at U.A."

As All-Might strikes a powerful pose, he exclaims, "So let's get right to it! What we're doing today is...Combat training!"

"Fight training!" Bakugo spoke up, excited.

"Real combat?" Midoriya followed, worried.

"But one of the keys of being a hero is... Looking the part!" All Might then pressed a remote, activating a device revealing 20 numbered suitcases, one for each student.

"These were designed for you based on your quirk registration forms and the requests you sent in before school started. Get yourselves suited up, and then meet me at Ground Beta!"

As I look at my costume, I realize that it's not half bad. 

But I'm confused when I see a fedora with it

But I'm confused when I see a fedora with it. I didn't have it in my request, and it didn't seem very practical for combat. I wonder if there was a mistake or if it's some sort of joke. Regardless, I put on it and the rest of my costume and start walking.

A few minutes later...

The class had suited up and arrived at Ground Beta through a tunnel, where All Might was already waiting.