Ch.11: The Sports Festival(Pt.1)

After a few weeks, it was finally time for the Sports Festival, once the class was ready, we were given the old gym uniforms from the first day, and the class was sent to a waiting room, while I had to wait behind stage with my backpack.

"HEY! Make some noise, all of you rabid sports fans! Get those cameras prepped, media hordes!" Present Mic's voice echoed through the corridors of the stadium. "This year we're bringing you some of the hottest performances in the sports festival history! Guaranteed! I've only got one question; ARE YOU READY!? Let me hear you scream as our students make their way to the main stage!"

My class is the first to make their way to the stage, we all have mixed feelings, but they all share the same adrenaline and excitement hearing the roar of the crowd.

"Welcome back to U.A Sports Festival! Where up and coming heroes give their all on the field as they fight for the chance to achieve world-wide fame and celebrity! The first group is no stranger to the spotlight! You know them for withstanding a villain attack! The dazzling students with solid gold skills! The hero course students from class 1-A!"

The crowd goes wild, cheering each and every one of them, motivating all of them to go forward.

I see Izuku scanning the class looking for me, and confused I'm not there.

After class 1-A came class 1-B, followed by the General Studies class, Support Class and Business Studies class. They formed up on the field in front of a stage where the R Rated hero: Midnight, awaited.

"Now for the introductory speech!" She spoke up.

Her questionable attire raised blushes and conversation with some of the students.

"Silence everyone!" Midnight continued. "And for the student pledge, we have Jakku Tsukisasaru!!"

I calmly walked to the stage and grabbed the microphone, feeling a rush of nerves but determined to deliver the introductory speech for the student pledge.

As I stood before my classmates, their eyes fixed on me, I took a deep breath and began, "I have to admit, public speaking is not my strong suit. In fact, I despise being in the spotlight. However, I understand the importance of this moment and the responsibility that comes with it. So, I'll only say this: 

A hero isn't just someone with a costume and powers; in truth, a hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and as reassuring as putting a coat around a little kid's shoulder, just to let him know that the world hasn't ended just yet. And today, I'm going to prove that anyone can be a hero, even if they don't possess a quirk."

"Without further ado. It's time to get started! This is where you begin to feel pain!" Midnight says. "The first game of the festival! What could it be?" The tension raised up as a large screen randomly selected the first game.

OBSTACLE COURSE

"All eleven classes will participate in this treacherous contest! The track is four kilometers around and outside the stadium. I don't wanna restrain anyone... at least in this game. As long as you don't leave the course, you're free to do whatever your hearts desire! Now then, take your places, contestants!"

Everyone moved to the designated position and stood by the giant start line door, waiting for the green lights to turn off, signaling the start. The confined space makes it barely able to fit all the classes.

 I, however, took a different approach. Instead of joining the crowd at the front, I strategically positioned myself in the back.

A surge of energy rushed through the contestants as the green lights went out. They all sprinted forward, their determination in the air. Everyone tries to rush through the door, idiotically.