Ch. 3: Entrance Exam

I woke up early the next morning, determined to make the most of my day. I lace up my running shoes and get ready to head out for a jog to clear my mind before my training session. As I exit my room, I notice Izuku waiting outside his own door. and he was very excited. 

The kid was always smiling, but not like this. "Izuku, you seem different today; is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm just excited!" Midoriya exclaimed, proudly raising his fist in the air and giving a wide grin. "Today I'm beginning my training for the U.A.'s entrance exam!" 

"That's fantastic, Izuku!" I replied.

As we walk to the kitchen together, he turns to me and asks, "By the way, where were you last night? Did you go for a late night run or something?"

"No, I wasn't out for a run. I actually went to the scrapyard to look for some parts for a project of mine." 

Izuku's eyes widened with curiosity as he eagerly asked, "Oh wow, what kind of project are you working on?" 

 "That's a secret." I respond

We continued our conversation, and as we entered the kitchen, Inko greeted us with a smile and said to us, "Good morning you two! Breakfast is ready."

 I couldn't help but feel grateful for Inko's kindness and dedication to taking care of us. As we sat down at the table, Izuku and I exchanged excited glances, eager to dig into Inko's home-cooked meal.

After finishing my breakfast, I excused myself to get ready for my jog. As I laced up my running shoes, Izuku's eyes followed my every move, still curious about my secret project. 

"Can't you give me a hint?" he pleaded, a mischievous smile playing on his lips.

 I sighed, unamused by Izuku's persistence. "No hints," I replied sternly, tightening the laces on my shoes. With that, I waved goodbye to Inko and Izuku and set off towards the scrapyard.

The familiar sounds of metal clanging and machinery humming greeted me as I entered the gates. The scrapyard was a maze of discarded objects, each with its own story waiting to be discovered. I rolled up my sleeves and got to work, eager to turn someone else's trash into my own tools. I rummaged through the piles of rusty metal and broken appliances.

The monotonous clinking of metal against metal created a rhythm that matched my state of mind perfectly. After grabbing everything I need, I then go to my family's abandoned warehouse, located just a few blocks away from the scrapyard.

The warehouse stood in solemn silence, its once vibrant walls now faded and crumbling. The haunting echoes of memories lingered in the air as I stepped inside, the melancholic atmosphere seeping into my bones. 

The dust-covered windows filtered the sunlight, casting a sepia-toned glow on the forgotten relics that filled the space. With each step, I felt a bitter nostalgia wash over me, as if the ghosts of past dreams and hopes danced among the cobwebs.

Among the forgotten relics, I spotted a pile of scrap metal and worn boots, discarded remnants of a different era. As I carefully gathered the materials, a spark of inspiration ignited within me.

 I envisioned a new purpose for these discarded objects: steel-toed boots that would add extra force to my kicks. a With each strike of the hammer and twist of the wrench, I could feel echoes of lost dreams and broken promises reverberating through my very being.

As I finished crafting the steel-toed boots, I laced them up and walked towards a self-made dummy. With a determined glance, I raised my leg, delivering a powerful kick. The impact was forceful, sending the dummy's head flying through the air. The sound of impact echoed in the empty room.