Invitation

Izuku was sitting in the living room of the apartment, just relaxing. Considering every course had done their finals at the same time, the students were given a small break so all the tests could be graded. He was watching the news. The anchor sipped her coffee moved on to the next subject.

Anchor: "In other news, a group of mercenaries have recently been aiding forces opposing the UN. Not mu-"

Izuku became distracted as a knock was heard at the door.

Izuku: "Coming!"

He looked back to the TV to turn it off, catching a glimpse of what looked to be a symbol the mercenaries use, though he turned it off too fast to get a good look. He stood up and went to answer the door, finding Anan standing on the other side.

Izuku: "Anan! Come on in!"

She nodded and hugged him before stepping inside. He closed the door and followed her further in. Inko walked into the main area as they did.

Inko: "Oh it's just you Anan! We should get you a spare key at some point. Did you need anything? Would you like some tea?"

Anan shook her head.

Anan: "No thanks, I'm not staying long. I just needed to talk to you two about something."

Inko nodded and gestured towards the dining table.

Inko: "Sit, let's talk."

The three then sat down. Anan pulled out an envelope and set it on the table.

Izuku: "This what you wanted to talk about?"

Anan: "Yes. As you two may know, I am the leading rescue hero in Japan. I am also within the top fifteen rescue heros in the world. Which leads me to this."

She reached into the envelope and pulled out two plane tickets.

Anan: "I have been invited to this year's I-Expo on I-island. Due to being the only candidate not busy due to international conflict. I was also granted the opportunity to bring a plus one."

Inko: "And you want Izuku to be that plus one?"

Anan nodded.

Anan: "Yes. If you're okay with that."

Inko chuckled and nodded.

Inko: "Sure. The only place more secure than I-island is Tartarus. Plus, if anything did happen, the island is covered in capable people, including you. I would feel better if Izuku was able to take at least one of the many firearms he's trained with."

Anan: "Well the thing is, I-island is much like UA. Quirks are free use there as long as you don't hurt anybody, meaning he would also be allowed to bring any gear with him to."

Inko smiled.

Inko: "Well then. When do you two leave?"

Anan chuckled and scratched her head.

Anan: "Tomorrow. The tickets just arrived today."

Izuku: "Either way, it sounds fun. I'm excited."

Anan turned to face him and smiled.

Anan: "I'm glad."

She then stood.

Anan: "I need to go pack now and get someone to run the USJ while I'm gone."

Inko: "Hold on."

Anan: "Hm?"

She saw Inko holding the invitation letter and reading it.

Inko: "This says there's going to be a dance of some kind."

Anan: "O-oh. Does it now?"

Inko chuckled.

Inko: "Go. I'll make sure Izuku is ready."

Anan nodded and walked back to the door. Izuku followed her and they spoke.

Izuku: "See you tomorrow?"

She nodded.

Anan: "Yeah. Bright and early."

She bent down slightly and gave him a kiss.

Anan: "Love you."

Izuku: "Love you too. Bye."

Anan: "Bye."

He closed the door as she left. He then walked back out to where his mother was.

Inko: "You excited Izuku?"

Izuku smiled wide and nodded.

Izuku: "Definitely. I just don't know what to wear to that dance."

Inko stood up.

Inko: "I know just the thing!"

She went to her room and came back a minute later, holding a hanger with a bag over it.

Inko: "It was your grandfather's tux. I'm sure you'll look great in it! Now, let's get you packed!"

---

Inko: "Do you have everything? Extra socks, tissues? Extra und-"

Izuku: "Yes mom!"

Inko smiled.

Inko: "Just making sure. Raven's Bite is in you luggage, right?"

Izuku nodded.

Izuku: "Yeah."

Inko: "Good, now go!"

Izuku: "Right!"

He opened the car door and stepped out. He looked up to see the full size of the airport.

Izuku: "Wow!"

Anan: "Hey!"

Izuku turned and jogged over to her.

Anan: "Ready?"

Izuku: "Yes."

Anan: "Then let's go."