Training

Izuku and the class were sitting in the classroom and watched as Aizawa made his way to the podium. They also noticed that the cases holding their suits were out as well. Aizawa then began to speak.

Aizawa: "Good morning class. I hope you all are prepared. Now remember, do not give your internship hosts a hard time, they are aloud to send you back. So follow every order they give to the best of your abilities, got it?"

The class collectively let out sounds of acknowledgement.

Aizawa: "Good. Now grab your suits and follow me. Except you Midoriya, you're staying here with Snipe."

Everyone stood up, grabbed their cases, and followed Aizawa out of the room. Instead of following Aizawa, Izuku went straight to Snipe's office. He knocked on the door, case in hand.

Snipe: "Come in!"

Izuku twisted the nob, opened the door, and stepped inside.

Snipe: "Ah, Midoriya. You ready?"

Izuku smiled and nodded.

Izuku: "Definitely. I'm ready to learn about firearms Mr. Snipe."

The cowboy themed hero then stood up from his desk.

Snipe: "Good. Now follow me to the range."

Izuku stepped to the side as Snipe walked by and then followed him to their destination. Once inside, Izuku asked a question.

Izuku: "Shouldn't I be in my suit for training?"

Snipe: "Listen, we have all week. You still need to learn to shoot straight in general, we will work on your aim with your suit on after that. Now put your suit down and come here."

Izuku nodded and did as he was told. As he walked over he noticed Snipe loading a magazine into a handgun he hadn't shown the student. Snipe then handed the firearm to Izuku.

 Snipe then handed the firearm to Izuku

Snipe: "This is the P2020. It's your basic semi-auto handgun. Average rate of fire but it has the lowest power of every other gun in this room. While the RE-45 and Wingman are great, I thought it would be worthwhile to start you off small."

Izuku: "That and if I mess up I won't damage anything, right?"

Snipe nodded.

Snipe: "Precisely. Now, come with me. And keep your finger off the trigger, while yes the safety is on, it's good to get into the habit incase you forget and accidentally shoot yourself in the foot."

Izuku quickly moved his finger as he followed Snipe over to what he assumed was the actual range. They stopped at a booth with a counter. Snipe then did something with a small panel next to the booth and a human shaped paper target near the end of the range came up close to the booth but still kept it's distance.

Snipe: "There we go. This is the range most of your encounters will be in, ten meters. Now ordinarily, this type of distance would allow us heros to comfortably charge in and fight hand to hand, but sometimes it's a hostage situation and getting closer ain't an option. We will be using this distance until I feel you're ready for a longer range."

Izuku: "Okay."

Snipe: "Now aim and shoot. I won't help you here, I still need to see just how much work you need."

Izuku nodded and raised the handgun. Snipe reached over and flipped the safety off. He also took note of Izuku's use of only one hand. The boy pointed the gun in the target's direction and fired. The rubber bullet punched through the paper target at a point on it's side. Izuku, not expecting how loud the firearm was or the small jolt of the recoil, dropped it which resulted in a second bullet firing and hitting the metal counter. Snipe then stepped over him and picked it up, turned the safety on and set it on the counter.

Snipe: "For your first time, not bad."

Izuku: "That wasn't bad?"

Snipe: "I've seen way worse. Now look at the target."

Izuku did and noticed the bullet hole.

Izuku: "I hit it? But that's not where I meant to shoot."

Snipe: "It's because of your technique. You used one hand, which his a lot less stable than two, and you weren't paying attention to the sights."

Izuku: "But I don't see one on it."

Snipe picked it up and pointed out the iron sights to Izuku.

Snipe: "These little nubs are the sights. They help the shooter aim. As long as you line the front and back up, that's generally where you're bullet will end up. You weren't paying attention to these to ensure it was straight so your aim was off. You thought the gun was straight when in reality it was angled away from where you wanted to hit. Now try again, this time using what I just told you."

Izuku nodded and took the gun from Snipe's hand, who had turned the safety off once more. Snipe guided Izuku's other hand the handle of the firearm to help steady his aim. Izuku looked down the top of the P2020 and matched up the sights. He then closed his eyes and fired. The bullet was closer to the center this time, but only a few inches. Izuku opened his eyes.

Izuku: "What? But I did everything you said!"

Snipe: "You did, but you were shaking just a little. That combined with the fact you closed your eyes allowed your aim to falter in the end."

Izuku: "Oh. I see."

The hero placed his hand on Izuku's shoulder.

Snipe: "Don't be upset. I was just like you when I was first learning. You'll get the hang of this in no time."

Izuku looked up at him and smiled before nodding.

Snipe: "We still have an hour until UA closes. I'll teach you some very important gun safety in my office."

Izuku: "Why didn't I learn that first?"

Snipe: "Because I wanted you to have a little experience first. Now that you know the difficulties at firing even the most basic of handguns, you'll understand my safety teachings more."

Izuku: "You forgot, didn't you?"

Snipe: "Let's go!"

He then walked out of the range. The internship week had just begun and Izuku was determined to learn all that he could from UA's resident sharpshooter.