Thirty Five

Flora's sarcastic replies might be one of the reasons Eli was spared of Daniel's wrath. And she didn't give a second thought before kissing her boyfriend goodnight and then getting in the house with her kind-of-angry father and anxious-but-excited mother.

The first thing she noticed was Tweety and Fudge were asleep on the couch and that made her smile. They were her kids, she loved them more than her siblings and a little less than her parents.

" Since....since when are you sexually active?" Daniel asked, she'd never heard him exclaim that way before.

" Can we speak in my room?" She asked, her eyes drifting from her dad to her mum, her face was the definition of relaxed, " Wouldn't want to wake the kids up, would we now?" Her eyes were on Tweety and Fudge now.

She didn't even wait for a reply and was already on her way upstairs. Mid-stairs she came across Anthony, who was sulking still but she couldn't find sympathy for him in her heart.

Her brother pointed somewhere between her neck and shoulder and his eyes were wide, the trail of hickeys were probably vibrant " I don't even want to ask but please tell me it wasn't some random douchebag?"

" It was Eli," She told him with a shy smile, since when was she shy she couldn't remember, " And he asked me out," She squealed excitedly, " We're official now."

" He asked you out?" Anthony frowned, " What is he doing out of asylum, duh?" His sarcasm was way too obvious.

" Don't you dare use sarcasm against me," Flora glared, " That's more than half my personality you're attempting to steal, I won't tolerate such heist."

He shrugged with a smile, " Happy for you, though." His eyes went more wide, " Shit, dad and mom are coming, gotta bounce, good night ." He bolted and disappeared.

She glanced back and Daniel and Amanda had caught up with her. They silently went to her room, Daniel was fussing a bit though. They followed her into her bedroom and Daniel was back to his frustrated voice again, " Since when this has been going on? I thought whatever you two had was over?"

" You really didn't notice?" Amanda amusedly asked, " My god! Karate really did short circuit your brain."

" Alright," Daniel nodded, flashing a sarcastic smile, " Can we focus on this conversation right here?"

" Well, if you must know the timeline...Eli and I were in a complicationship for the past one and a half month." Flora told him boredly, reaching for cotton pads and make-up removal gel, " We had sex tonight for the first time and before you do the typical suburban father thing...sixteen is the legal age for sex in UK, did you know?" Her voice was calm, " And UK's my home so screw whatever bullpoop America is about,"

"And whatever...complicationship you are talking about....does it mean.." Daniel was struggling to find the correct words without making assumptions.

" No, dada." She shook her head, almost laughing, " He doesn't treat me badly at times, that's not what complicationship is. Grahhh! Eli would never treat me badly." She was removing her eye make-up now, she saw Daniel relax a bit. She could understand his concern though, from what she heard about Hawk, he was a multi-faced asshole, " We were just taking things slow, I guess? Then he got attacked, you know? So like obviously it was not a good time to start a romantic relationship. So yes....but like we still had feelings...well you get the complication now." She explained and she'd poke her father's eyeball out if he still didn't understand.

" And you're happy?" He asked, rolling his eyes at Amanda who was sniggering.

" Yeah," She grinned, tossing the used cotton pads in the trash bin, " So fucking happy I might be drunk but I know I'm not, so it's definitely Eli who's making me feel this....stoked."