Thirty Two

The flight was business class, and Flora kissed Fudge on the head before leaving the house. 

When she was five and her life seemed hopeful Amanda and Daniel made a healing list. It took them a bottle of wine and hours of daydreaming to complete it.

1. First break up, we take her to Japan for a vacation

2. First rejection, there's always Mexico.

3. Graduation, she gets the letters we all wrote for her when she was born.

4. Horrible day? Lots and lots and lots of ice cream.

So according to the list, number 71 was if something traumatic happened she'd have her dream vacation as healing. And, Flora Larusso, despite spending 16 years in England finally got to actually sightsee the place.

Her parents turned in an application and she was slacked off those monstrous exams.

Amanda booked a cottage for them in Beaumaris, Anglesey, Wales. The air was cold there and even though she'd never been to that place she recognised it in a heartbeat.

" Is this Free Rein's filming location we are at?" She frowned, her huge Chanel glasses covering half of her face which included the bruise.

It was indeed where her favourite show was shot. It was a bummer that the horses weren't there and Freddy Carter wasn't riding around the place. And it broke Flora's heart when she found out that the Castle of Beaumaris belonged to the King in the past, not a duke with smuggled treasure. But the place was exquisite. The ocean waves could be heard. The lighthouse was massive. Everything was so vibrantly green, indigo and gray. The sunrises were mesmerising, and the half moon nights were enchanting. The English accent of the locals was a comfort itself.

The cute streets and small stores. The fields and the night sky. A billion stars blanketing over her. At a very young age Flora learned to appreciate little things and even though she had her whole life now, she couldn't stop loving the world.

The place was something out of a fairytale.

Flora spent most days with her back against the lighthouse's wall, her knees drawn to her chest and picking on the tiny yellow flowers she could not recognise. A part of her never wanted to return. Her throat would feel the lump forming. The bruises felt like a reminder. But then she'd look at the sun shining on the ocean and she'd be reminded of Eli.

They weren't speaking much these days, since Eli had his exams and karate practice. There was also the time difference. But he did text her every now and then asking how she was feeling or how she was torturing the British by her presence. She couldn't help but smile like a fool.

[liked by hawkmoskowitz and 342 others]

floras_lavander_ haze Just two blondies <3