Thirty One

Her exams were in two days and Flora was freaking out about it, so seeing a movie in an empty theater because it was overly hated only made sense. Not to most, but to her it did make sense. Transporting in a secret land through a movie because no one else wanted to stay there, how nice did that sound?

Posting a photo of the theater and popcorn on her Instagram stories with Sweet Tooth by Maya Hawke as the chosen song at least made it seem worth it. Until, of course, Demetri sent a massive text giving a very bad review about the movie she was watching.

An hour into the movie and she realized Demetri was right. It was a crime movie where nothing was happening at all. So after another fifteen minutes she decided to leave the hell.

It was a cloudy day, and that made her smile. She missed Bloomsbury, she missed the rain, the sad rainy sky and muddy grounds. California had everyone she loved but Bloomsbury was home. It'll always be her home. Most native people hated the serial raining of England but Flora slept better on rainy days. It was one of her favourite days to be the lazy lass she was.

She had borrowed Amanda's car since hers was in for servicing. The car was on the other side of the sidewalk. She had an urge to drive out of the city and watch the rain from somewhere more country-side like. The smell of the soil when the rain hit the ground, or the way the sky screamed with lightening made her feel alive and invincible. A kind of peace within the thrill.

Her elbow hurt, when she was being forcefully tugged somewhere. An empty dark alleyway and it smelt like dead animals. The grab on her elbow was harsher than just firm. It was a wonder how she didn't stumble on her high heels and twist her ankle yet. It was so fast and processing what was going on didn't seem like an option when she was pinned against the gross-germifide-wall of the alleyway, and a tall guy had his grip on her throat.

It was Kylar, and someone else was behind him she could not see under the watery eyes. There was no way she could get out of this. Her hands were frozen to move for the Taser in her skirt's pocket and she never regretted not improving her karate skills more. There wasn't much oxygen left inside her and her weak lungs were suffering to hold onto dear life.

In that moment, three things hit her at once.

Robby wasn't threatening her, he was warning her. She didn't listen.

Sam was scared something like this was going to happen.

Eli knew something like this was going to happen. He just thought stopping her might prevent that.

" Yo, look at this bitch's face," Kylar laughed, his breath hit her face, it smelt like rotten fish sticks, and she wanted to throw up. There was a white stray cat, boredly sitting at the end of the alley and it was eating garbage. If the circumstances were different she would have took the cat home and named it Snowbelle, " You didn't really think we won't find you when you broadcast your location all over the Internet, did you?"

That stupid fucking Instagram story!

" That's right, we did it your way, Larusso." The guy behind Kylar said, it was Darren Jawbolt, " What'd you grade us?"

" A fucking C for copycat, loser," She said, though her throat burned and her eyes were probably bloodshot at the moment.

She was punched in the face, and she could feel her right cheek bleeding. It was cold and numb until it hurt worse than a surgery.

" Keep your filthy little mouth shut, slut." Darren warned her, " What should we do to her, man?"

" Let's tattoo Karen on her face, dude. That'd be sick." He laughed, his grip loosened a little because of it and she could breathe again.