Thirteen

Flora was at the drive-in with Miguel, Sam and Demetri. She was more into eating popcorn than the movie. Carmen lent Miguel her car so he picked them up that evening being quite excited that he finally learnt how to drive. The car was parked at a neat spot with a clear view. Flora was having a popcorn eating competition with Demetri in the back while Sam and Miguel watched the movie, but failed to pay attention because of Flora and Demetri's conversation. And then there was Flora, checking her phone every now and then cause Eli was 10 minutes late.

" It's not like I'm not excited about the all Valley karate tournament. " Demetri said as he took a sip from his slurpee takeout cup, " But Flo...it's about time we admit...the world's falling apart, America's falling apart, speaking of my personal life...it's also falling apart."

Flora thoughtfully listened before cracking a smile, " Demetri, honey, what's with this constant negativity? Do you want me to find a therapist for you?" Was it sarcasm or concern none could tell.

" I'm just being realistic here." He exclaimed, " Anyway my therapist refused to see me after our third session," he muttered. 

" You mean Ms.Dawson?" Miguel asked as Demetri sighed in agreement, " Yeah she's looking for a therapist for herself now."

Flora looked up at the movie screen in annoyance as a fighting scene was going on with a lot of unnecessary noise, " A movie about karate? Don't you guys have like anyother interest? " She asked.

" It's the only thing they play these days." Sam told her feeling annoyed and bored as well," The valley's all about karate now."

Flora's phone pinged with a notification as she looked down with a smile, letting the others continue the conversation. 

Hawk:

Sorry running late

car troubles 

Flo: 

Oh.

U alright

Hawk:

u and concerned 

about me?🤧

How come?

Flo:

I detect 

sarcasm

Hawk: 

I'm honestly 

truly shocked 🥲

Flo:

honestly and truly 

indicates the same meaning.

Hawk: 

I'm both 

Flo:

Cute.